E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Botched PWM Meth install - What did I break?

08-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
IamBetter
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI

Botched PWM Meth install - What did I break?

I had to remove my Procede V5 Rev 3 and PWM meth kit for a dealer visit last week (water pump failure) and when I went to reinstall the Procede/Meth kit I made a bone head mistake. I accidently attached the ground wire for the Meth harness to a power source instead of the ground source right next to it. The car wouldn't start so I knew I must of had something backwards.

I had a friend double check my work and he saw that I attached the ground wire to a power source and we fixed the problem. When I moved the ground wire to the corrected ground position the car started normally and I get full power on Procede only. When I switch to Map 4 I don’t get any Meth flow. I put the alligator clips on the boost sensor solenoid to jump the pump, the pump turns on as normal so the pump seems fine. I also checked and replace the 30a fuse. It wasn’t blown but I replaced anyways.

What could I have screwed up by grounding the PWM meth wiring harness to a power source?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

So you accidentally powered the ground wire off the PWM harness? Hmm. Odd. Jumpering the pressure switch runs the pump so that means the relay, fuse, and pump run.

Possible that the flow sensor is bad? Or did you forget to clip it on? Or did it fall off?

I don't have a wiring diagram for the PWM system, but from what I can remember from my install, there are the two wires from the Procede that run the FAV, three to the sensor (5V, signal, ground?), and relayed power wire to the pump. That pretty much leaves the flow sensor as the suspect.
      08-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
NoQuarter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 535xi / 2011 Z4 35Is

Garage List
2018 BMW X2  [0.00]
2008 535xi  [0.00]
2011 Z4 35is  [0.00]
My Procede was recently removed and reinstalled and would not boost past 7 psi and would not activate meth on map 4.

The only "fix" was reinstalling the firmware and map.
Appreciate 0