M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

08-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
M5DDS
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5 (In Production)

Delivery to Dealer

My 5 arrived at port two days ago according to the MarineTraffic app. The CA stated that the 5 will take 3-7 days to make a trucking load then will be delivered directly to the dealer. On his end, he saw nothing holding it up from making a trucking load. I hope his information is accurate. If so, I will be taking delivery on the 17th. I'll keep everyone updated.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
Trips
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: jeep srt

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5DDS View Post
My 5 arrived at port two days ago according to the MarineTraffic app. The CA stated that the 5 will take 3-7 days to make a trucking load then will be delivered directly to the dealer. On his end, he saw nothing holding it up from making a trucking load. I hope his information is accurate. If so, I will be taking delivery on the 17th. I'll keep everyone updated.
There have been cars at port since the end of July and none delivered, something is still holding them up.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
cmhsam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

EPA hold still is on the cars. Estimated release is 8/13.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
M5DDS
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam
EPA hold still is on the cars. Estimated release is 8/13.
I wonder why my CA and his manager are in the dark about the EPA hold and possibly corporate release date.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
Trips
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: jeep srt

Quote:
I wonder why my CA and his manager are in the dark about the EPA hold and possibly corporate release date.
lol there is unsually more useful information here on the forums than at the dealer
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
cmhsam
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trips
Quote:
lol there is unsually more useful information here on the forums than at the dealer
But how much of it is right
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
ilfz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
Fortunately this forum knows alot more than the dealers. The only thing that the dealers sometimes find out faster is the BMW HQ emails which we usually have Jason bring that news to us
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
Mporcl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilfz
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
Fortunately this forum knows alot more than the dealers. The only thing that the dealers sometimes find out faster is the BMW HQ emails which we usually have Jason bring that news to us
This forum has been a great source of information during this entire process... The dealer has been on point as well... Hopefully, this is the week we see our cars..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #9
nv6425
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 Dark Shadow

Any updates?
      08-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #10
M5DDS
Enlisted Member
Rep

I spoke with my CA today and he reported an estimated date of 8/15/12 delivery to dealer. He said he would call the port and verify information he has received on BMWNA.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #11
cmhsam
Major
Rep

I think they key word being used by dealers is "estimate". I think they are all playing "craps" and hoping for their information to be accurate. I truly think its a crap shoot. I hope the M5 does get released to dealers soon. All the US Delivery Customers deserve to get their cars ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #12
CarolinaM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Quote:
I spoke with my CA today and he reported an estimated date of 8/15/12 delivery to dealer. He said he would call the port and verify information he has received on BMWNA.
I think this all goes back to EPA certification though, until thats done the cars won't be released. My dealer rep tells me that the car still has a "monroney" hold, and until thats cleared, cars won't be released......
2013 BMW M5, Retired, AW/SO
2012 VW Golf R daily driven Stage II+ APR tune, 370HP
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #13
visualguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5

The M5's are baking nicely in the summer sun at the ports without protection... I hope most of them don't have a leather dashboard.

I also wonder about the effect of the sun on the HUD projector. Doesn't it get burned or otherwise damaged? I've been wondering about that after seeing the placement of the projector facing upwards on the dashboard.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #14
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

I'm also hearing that for U.S. Deliveries that the "monroney hold" is what is holding up delivery right now, however I am still hearing that U.S. Dealers won't be allowed by BMW to release their cars to U.S. customers until August 31st. For everyone's sake I hope that's not true. I couldn't imagine being a U.S. customer knowing that my M5 was just sitting there at the dealer for a week.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #15
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualguy View Post
The M5's are baking nicely in the summer sun at the ports without protection... I hope most of them don't have a leather dashboard.

I also wonder about the effect of the sun on the HUD projector. Doesn't it get burned or otherwise damaged? I've been wondering about that after seeing the placement of the projector facing upwards on the dashboard.
Dude, your worrying too much. The clearcoat, the leather, and the HUD will be fine for a week or a month in the sun. If the cars were sitting in the sun for like a year then it would be a problem. The only thing I would be concerned with is bird poop, that'll mess up the clearcloat easily if left in the sun too long.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #16
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I'm also hearing that for U.S. Deliveries that the "monroney hold" is what is holding up delivery right now, however I am still hearing that U.S. Dealers won't be allowed by BMW to release their cars to U.S. customers until August 31st. For everyone's sake I hope that's not true. I couldn't imagine being a U.S. customer knowing that my M5 was just sitting there at the dealer for a week.
This is exactly how you end up with dealership employees hooning in customer cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #17
journeyguy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

yawn.....I have given up and I am not even asking my CA anymore when my car will be released. The excitement is no more ...Whats the point building cars from June end and sitting at port for weeks. Eitherways US is getting the delayed launch compared to Europe and other countries and still this has not been sorted out.
What a shame !
      08-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #18
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
This is exactly how you end up with dealership employees hooning in customer cars.
Yeah it depends on the dealership for sure. I know of some dealerships lock up there customers cars once they are delivered, while others let the dealership car wash kid run around in newly delivered BMW's without any kind of accountability.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #19
racer10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i

Quote:
Regardless of EPA hold (or release), I believe BMW is looking for a coordinated release into U.S. dealers and the end of August would not surprise me.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #20
visualguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Yeah it depends on the dealership for sure. I know of some dealerships lock up there customers cars once they are delivered, while others let the dealership car wash kid run around in newly delivered BMW's without any kind of accountability.
I haven't seen any that lock them up, but some put them in a "sold" area of the lot and leave them alone.

In addition to employees going for joyrides, there's also the issue of putting the car in the showroom. I've seen sold M6 convertibles sitting in showrooms with people all over them.

By the way, I've had two cars damaged by dealerships during "pre-delivery inspection", so I never let them do it without my supervision now, and I don't let them detail the car.

In general, cars are poorly handled by US dealerships, and luxury car dealerships aren't better than non-luxury ones in my experience. They all pay their people poorly, and they get what they pay for.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #21
Tourbillon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 S550, '13 4S, '11 E550

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyguy View Post
yawn.....I have given up and I am not even asking my CA anymore when my car will be released. The excitement is no more ...Whats the point building cars from June end and sitting at port for weeks. Eitherways US is getting the delayed launch compared to Europe and other countries and still this has not been sorted out.
What a shame !
That's exactly how I feel. All the excitement of following the build was for nothing. At this point, I don't even care anymore. First time BMW buyer too...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #22
Tourbillon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 S550, '13 4S, '11 E550

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer10 View Post
Regardless of EPA hold (or release), I believe BMW is looking for a coordinated release into U.S. dealers and the end of August would not surprise me.
I don't understand the point of a coordinated release. What's the strategy behind it? This isn't a mass produced vehicle. In fact, I have quite a few buddies from Houston who say the new M5 is old news as they've spotted a few already in the area.
Appreciate 0