E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Question about Car Cover

11-10-2005, 01:22 PM   #1
mr_blond
First Time Bimmer Owner, Long Time Bimmer Admirer
Rep
Drives: E90 Blk/Blk 6SP

Question about Car Cover

My e90 is going to spend at least a few months with a carport as its only means of protection. I have a few questions:

1. Do I need a car cover?

2. Is there any risk that the car cover could scratch my paint when I place and remove the car cover every day?

3. What brand, material, etc... works best for a location where rain is the harshest whether? Should I go OEM?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 02:35 PM   #2
BMW 2006
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330I - '06 - 6 Spd

Weathershield is the Best you can buy. It can be washed in a large washer too. Light weight and water proof. DON'T Buy "NOAH"!!! I did a while back and inside of the cover was a WARNING...not to get too close to flames as it WILL catch on fire......thought GREAT.....all someone would have to do it flick a match from lighting up and POOF..... there goes the car I took that thing back to the dealer and got my money back! Weathershield ISN'T Cheap... cost about $250 depending on the size of the car. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 02:49 PM   #3
peakpro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ex-Z4; now looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_blond
My e90 is going to spend at least a few months with a carport as its only means of protection. I have a few questions:

1. Do I need a car cover?

2. Is there any risk that the car cover could scratch my paint when I place and remove the car cover every day?

3. What brand, material, etc... works best for a location where rain is the harshest whether? Should I go OEM?
I would most certainly use one.

I use a BMW cover for my Z4. No problems with scratching. I have no experience with other types.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2006, 05:24 PM   #4
SILVER 3CC
Silver 3CC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i Sport- Silver/Black

I have been looking for car covers on line today. If under a car port, will rain get directly on the cover? Covercraft has a good site to determine the best cover for your specific needs. To ensure you don't scratch the paint need to use the cover when car is clean. The most weather resistant cover is the Covercraft Weathershield HD. Expensive about 349.99, also claims since it is the thickest it helps prevent door dings. The Weatherdhied standard id $269.99
Description: "Outsmart the Outdoors!"
With patented immersion finish
Solution Dyed Fibers Resist Fade
Sheds Water / Blocks Dust - Dirt
Maimum Protection & Performance
Warranty: 5 Years
Appreciate 0