E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > E60 540i Vehicle History?

07-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

E60 540i Vehicle History?

I have my eye on a very neat 2006 (pre LCI) 540i with low kays. The vehicle is in melbourne is there anyone who has access to the bmw warranty/service database who can please run a check on the vehicle for me?

I have a mate who works at a lexus dealership, and he had all the info on my previous car (even though it was at a different dealership) and am hoping that BMW would have a similar system?

I have heard that if you ring the dealership and quote the VIN and ask for the history of the car they generally aren't willing to divulge that info (I guess this depends on the dealership, who you get on the phone & what type of mood they are in?!)

So as mentioned does anyone on here have access to the BMW database to run a VIN check to see what pops up in terms of what work has been done at a dealership (to check for gearbox or ongoing electrical issues etc?)

Cheers

Shane
Appreciate 0