E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Pitted Exhaust Tips / How to Restore

07-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
335iTitan
E90 335i n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i X-Drive

Pitted Exhaust Tips / How to Restore

Don't know if there is a clear coat on the stainless steel exhaust tips. But I have pitting and don't know how to proceed with restoring. Just bought (CPO'd) her and getting into cleaning up some of the previous owners lack of care.

I have a great metal polish (Gliptone Metal Polish Treated Cotton Pad - Very Fine) that I use all the time on my G37xS and V8 Touareg without any problems and they come out shinny and new looking. The 335i is giving me trouble and I don't know what to do. I even asked a local Detailer to give it a look and they declined to take a stab.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
BMW335icoupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i Xdrive Coupe

I have the pitting as well. I use P21s polishing soap and it works wonders to get the tips looking clean. I use it weekly. As far as the pitting I will let someone else chime in.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 03:57 AM   #3
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

P21S Finish Restorer – for any metal with or without a clear coat that is faded, oxidized, water marked, burnt, and dirty or has a build-up of brake dust. This metal polishes deep cleansing formula helps release some of the most difficult build ups. Even on surfaces that look brand new you'll be amazed at how this polish works beneath the surface and removes hard to see contamination. Clean the surface using P21S Polishing Soap and then proceed with the Finish Restorer. For really tough stains apply the polish and a white Scotch-Brite™ pad. It is very important to clean up as you go.
Appreciate 0