E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Question about repair

07-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
vkxasp
Rep
Drives: .

Question about repair

Had a fender bender and brought the car to the shop. Claimed insurance and the shop says the head lights full assembly need to be replaced, but there is barely any damage except some minor scuffs. Since insurance is paying to get it replaced, I don't really mind. My question is would it be wrong for me to ask for the old headlights if the shop is replacing it?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
Sejo5
Sejo5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkxasp View Post
Had a fender bender and brought the car to the shop. Claimed insurance and the shop says the head lights full assembly need to be replaced, but there is barely any damage except some minor scuffs. Since insurance is paying to get it replaced, I don't really mind. My question is would it be wrong for me to ask for the old headlights if the shop is replacing it?
Why would it be wrong? Its your headlight... When my last vehichle was rear ended i had most of the stuff returned to me that wasnt completely demolished. Tail lights etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
vkxasp
Rep
Drives: .

Thanks for the input. Definitely will be asking for it back. Can at least sell it to make up for the deductible.
Appreciate 0