E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Alignment help?

06-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
DriM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Alignment help?

So I recently replaced the rear tires with non-run flat Continental ExtremeContact DW tires since the original RFT's were on the way out. In doing so i had an alignment done to make sure everything was straight and even immediately afterwards and lets just say the car doesnt drive the same since. At speeds over 80mph im constantly correcting the steering wheel, almost fighting to keep the car straight. We all know how smooth these cars drive, even with the sport suspension, and having to keep moving the steering wheel even when in a straight line isnt ok.

Went back to the shop and had them do a second alignment covered at their cost and was notified that the front right was in fact "way off" but this has yet to correct the problem. Heres the spec sheet I asked for when leaving the second time. (dont have anything (bentley, manual, etc) to compare this too so if anyone can chime in as to if the specs are right or wrong i would greatly appreciate it.) I realize the sheet states sedan/touring but the shop had "assured" me that this is what the computer recognized after scanning the bar code on the door....

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
DriM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

No one?
Appreciate 0