E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Micropump

06-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Micropump

[Image courtesy the internet somewhere]

Was doing some reading and I came across this brand. Very expensive but the unit is very small and extremely reliable which is the only thing I care about when it comes to these engine fires and detonation. This suits my interests as I have been devising a driver side meth tank for quite some time. I've posted about this before but basically it will be a low capacity tank, the tank and pump will be connected, the tank will be alluminum custom welded/cut(and expensive) and most likely will be built onto the fender itself. The flowsensor will be mounted after the pump and the hose length between the two will be very small perhaps a couple inches. As opposed to the length of the car with almost no room for kinks, cuts etc. All hoses and fittings will be compression or -AN fittings. No push lock crap. The hose from the flow sensor/tank/pump to the charge pipe will be all of two feet and can easily be inspected.

Here is a link to the pumps. They are basically medical grade pumps with no diaphrams to fail or the other weaknesses of the pumps were used to.

http://www.coleparmer.com/Category/P...268,4294887333

The cost of this project isn't an issue, its not my concern. Quality, reliability, safety and convenience to maintain is my goal.

This pump will not be used to supplement fueling as I see that as a bandaid, it will be injected in a quantity to reduce IAT's and slightly increase octane. Its good for a continuous 50k hours of operation, 1GPM at 100PSI and a 0-5v input that varies the volume(not pressure). It uses a mechanical, pulseless design, uses electromagnetic coupling to reduce leaks, this thing is just awesome. They are on ebay for cheap as well.

Here is a link to their pump drives:

http://www.micropump.com/product_det...x?ProductID=90

Last edited by klipseracer; 06-10-2012 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0