BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
Invadermoose
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: camaro

Is it possible to keylessly lock the car?

I get in the car and start it without my key, then I hit the Stop button twice to turn it off. But is it possible to lock the car without doin anything? Probably a stupid question but I'm still learning
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
ARCuhTEK
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M6 Coupe - Indy Red

In my 2008 M6, I have the Comfort Access Package. Having that allows me to exit my car and put my finger on the keyhole and the car will lock. It took me a few tries to figure out if my finger had to be on the metal keyhole on the door handle or the painted door handle directly adjacent to the metal keyhole. I may be imagining things but it seems both CAN work, but not consistently. it DOES consistently work / lock the car when I put my finger on the paint of the door handle, adjacent to the metal keyhole. The car confirms locking with a beep.

For opening the car door without the key, just grab the handle and pull. The car will beep and the doors will open.

Maybe your is the same?