E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > hawk pad fitment

05-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
kongpowchicken
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93

hawk pad fitment

just changed the front brake pads and rotor on my 08 328.

i bought some hawk HPS pads and notice the outside pad also has a metal bracket? i know the inside pad has the bracket which stick in to the piston, but outside should be flat like all the others.

i had to use a clam to rip off the bracket in order to install it. any one had the same problem? at first i thought i got the wrong pad, but the part number and everything is right. and after taken off the bracket its totally fine.

anyone know what im talking about? didnt take any pictures because was late at night and took forever to take off the bracket.

TIA
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
kongpowchicken
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

this is how it looks like. the bracket on top left. which has 2 piece metal sticking out.

i know the bottom one with 3 piece metal is for the inside pad. what are the other one for??
thanks
Appreciate 0