XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

05-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
Sean@PSI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

..::PSI::.. X6M gets Supersprint catless downpipes, Meisterschaft & AA Tune!

This 2011 BMW X6M arrived at Precision Sport Industries looking for some sound and performance upgrades. Since fitment is of the utmost importance in a scenario like this, we chose Supersprint catless downpipes. Letting the X6M’s twin turbos atop the motor breathe easier through the Supersprint pipes means 2 things: greater power and some added sound as well!

For the rest of the exhaust we chose to use Supersprint connecting pipes and x-pipe, as well as the Meisterschaft titanium GTS muffler for an aggressive look and tone, along with weight savings. The completion of this round of performance upgrades for the X6M is an Active Autowerke performance software flash, performed in house at our facility in Orlando, Florida. We, along with AA, have a performance flash for X6M without catalytic converters to achieve greater horsepower than the standard off-the-shelf flash available for X6M. All Parts are modular with X5M as well!

Coming soon will be a few carbon fiber exterior upgrades by Vorsteiner. . .then you will soon see this beast of an SUV around the streets of Orlando, Tampa, Miami and the rest of Florida!

Here are a few pictures from the installation process of the down pipes and exhaust. . .videos coming soon as well!

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Looking good! Got any videos?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
Sean@PSI
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHAUS View Post
Looking good! Got any videos?
I'll see if I can track some down. I believe we have a few.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
Terraforce1
If you ain't first, you're last!
Singapore
Rep
Drives: '14 Boxster GTS + 14' 1199 S

The tips looks really cool

Looking forward to the vids
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #5
NANDOM5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M E 70

Garage List
2009 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Cool!!!

I have choosen the same kit. Turbos are now giving it all!!!

What about your factory heat shields??? I had to remove them 'cause DP's were wider than factory tube.

Regards
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
Sean@PSI
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NANDOM5 View Post
Cool!!!

I have choosen the same kit. Turbos are now giving it all!!!

What about your factory heat shields??? I had to remove them 'cause DP's were wider than factory tube.

Regards
The factory heat shields all remained. We didn't photograph it as it isn't much to look at; just a big turtle-shell of heat shield.

Without catalysts right up top, I'm sure the under-hood temperatures are a good deal lower, as those cats really bottle-neck exhaust flow and trap heat right near the turbos!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 06:16 PM   #7
NANDOM5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M E 70

Garage List
2009 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@PSI View Post
The factory heat shields all remained. We didn't photograph it as it isn't much to look at; just a big turtle-shell of heat shield.

Without catalysts right up top, I'm sure the under-hood temperatures are a good deal lower, as those cats really bottle-neck exhaust flow and trap heat right near the turbos!

Yeah! That's what i think of gettin' em removed. That heat is not going to be trapped near the turbos and the duct has lower temperatures, but.........how did u manage to keep the factory shields without cutting and adjusting them??? My mechanic told me it was impossible to fit after decatting......................

Regards!!!
Appreciate 0