E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Codes from Cobb AP

05-16-2012, 01:54 AM   #1
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Codes from Cobb AP

I'm trying to find the meaning behind some codes, but it's not showing up in searches. Unfortunately the Cobb AP isn't giving me a description either, the code view just says this:

ECU
-U0DAD
-U0DA1
-U0D98
-U0D9C
-U0DA5
-U0D95

Not sure if these can be converted or what. Nothing really feels different as far as driving goes.
      05-16-2012, 01:59 AM   #2
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
It just occurred to me that these are very similar in style to unicode characters: http://www.charbase.com/block/sinhala
      05-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Those are body module codes. We don't have descriptions for them, but typically they are related to changing out bulbs or other body work.

Ian
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
Those are body module codes. We don't have descriptions for them, but typically they are related to changing out bulbs or other body work.

Ian
I was just going to followup and let everyone know that Ronnie and Tim @ Cobb told me the same thing. I was doing a bit of work over the past few weeks that might have triggered them, so I am just going to keep scanning over the next couple weeks and see what happens. Looking forward to meeting the guys at Cobb SoCal in June.
      04-26-2013, 04:15 AM   #5
johmei
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 M3 ZCP

Garage List
I know it as old thread but this is the only hit on this code: U0DAD. I got it last night after a track event. I had no problems during my track time or immediately after. I drove like 15 minutes from the track, stopped for a burger for 20 mins and then went to a nearby gas station to fill air. When I started the car again it threw errors, iDrive said "DSC error drive carefully". Checked codes with Cobb and the only one I had was the U0DAD. Could not delete the code while car was running but after turning the engine off and on again the DSC error was gone and I could delete the code.
Then the next weird thing happened as instead of the DSC error I got front + rear pads due for service/change, even though I have not even connected my pad sensors but have new ones zip tied behind the wheel well. I reset the service counters and was on my way but still wonder what caused this thing. Overheated brakes? But probably about an hour after my last lap at the track?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 08:18 AM   #6
TheONE24
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4/F82 MGM/SO

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
09 BMW E92  [0.00]
Old thread but hopefully will give someone direction when googling

09 BMW 335i E92 N54 90,000 miles
Yesterday car freaked out while driving. Had to have it towed. Cleared codes right after it happened to get a more precise idea of what's going on before I made it fault again. When it was going down I had the fireworks show of all the different systems failing. Car started back up after but I could not start driving without everything going crazy including the windshield wipers which would not turn off and the GPS screen going black. One thing I did happen to notice through my radar is that volts jumped from my normal high 11's all the way up to 16+ volts quickly before I shut it down.

Codes pulled with Cobb Tuner.

P2e98 - Generator, communication
U0D95 - Does not have a description.

Then after the car made it home I also had.
P2E82 - Electrical water pump, shutdown
P2DEB - Power Management, Power Control

I'm not sure if I'm looking at the PM, Alternator, or battery but these are my initial guesses based off of my googling and symptoms.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 10:36 AM   #7
TheONE24
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4/F82 MGM/SO

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
09 BMW E92  [0.00]
Final Fix

Just an FYI update in case you found this thread. After this occurred I ended up running the battery in and having it tested. Autozone said it was bad and it was 5 years old so I tried a new battery. That did not fix it at all. Exact same symptoms. Tested alternator with voltage regulator attached. It was bad but still did not point at Alt or VR. Replaced the alternator and voltage regulator. Seemed to fix the main issue but could not get battery to charge. Took it back in to AZ to get it charged and they swapped it out for another saying it was bad. Not sure in the end if it was alternator or voltage regulator since I did them at the same time but the slip rings were pretty grooved when I dissembled. I didn't see any other damage and the VR "looked" okay.

Also, If you are going to do an alternator on an e92 you may as well do serpentine belt, air filter maintenance, oil filter housing gasket, and intake port valve cleaning.
Appreciate 0