E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > When to start shopping? Toronto, Canada

11-05-2005, 01:53 AM   #1
paradiso
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

When to start shopping? Toronto, Canada

Hi,
I'm about to get my first BMW!!, the lease on my present car will end on march '06, when should I start looking for a new BMW? will the delivery time take that long 3mths??
thanks to advise to anyone who experience a new bmw lately?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2005, 09:15 AM   #2
natalia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

I think the time varies. I placed my order on a friday and got a production week for the following week. My dealer was able to trade production weeks with another dealer. The 800# says it's estimated to finish production on Nov. 10. So i can probably get it within a total of a 6 week period. But I also live on the east coast. So I think if you're ordering a lot has to do with your dealer. He might be able to locate something already on a boat or at another dealer that fits what you want.

If I were you I'd start looking around already. I was emailing a bunch of dealers in the southeast (US) for about a month before I finally ordered. Plus I've been reading up on forums like this one for just as long.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2005, 02:00 PM   #3
driverseven
Curve junky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228 Black

Basically, if a car is in full production and you are not too fussy on your options, you may be able to get it sooner, but typically, 8-10 weeks is more common. Right now, that seems to be the status for the 3 series now; I've heard that the M5 is back-ordered. I think a backorder situation tends to be more like 8-12 weeks.

My first BMW took 10 weeks but I ordered in August and so there was a backlog with summer vacations at the factory.

This time, I'm getting one that is built -- when I ordered it today, it was already on the boat -- so it's due in within a week and then it will be another 10 days or so before I take take delivery.
      11-09-2005, 02:08 AM   #4
D&G
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiso
Hi,
I'm about to get my first BMW!!, the lease on my present car will end on march '06, when should I start looking for a new BMW? will the delivery time take that long 3mths??
thanks to advise to anyone who experience a new bmw lately?

I am looking to buy a 330i early 2006 and I jus test drove the 330i in Vancouver and I love the car. I talked to the salesman and he has no problem taking off $1200 off sticker price. So maybe wait til spring and try to get around $1500-$2000 off sticker price. Anyone from Canada can share what sort of discount you are getting?? Thanks!!
Appreciate 0