E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > P2aa4 ??

05-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
MarcoE93
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW coral red E93

P2aa4 ??

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. please move it if it is.

Driving downtown today just cruising suddenly the engine light came on. P2aa4 was the code that came up. Im running a cobb stg 1 aggressive. Car is otherwise completely stock.

I pulled over and took out my Cobb to scan the code. It says intake camshaft gear jump? I tried to look up the code but found nothing. The car still runs but it's in limp mode right now. Don't know what to do.

Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be. If anything in going to take it to the dealer but I'm out of warranty now so I'm afraid of how much it would be to fix

Edit: got the code to clear and it hasn't come back yet. Still don't feel "safe" driving it like this tho

Edit again : just to inform you guys in case you get it to

Took the car to the dealer this week. Turns out that the code was because the ecu needed an update ? Apparently it kept crashing or something along those lines. Took it to maranello BMW where my buddy works. Uninstalled my Cobb ap and updated it. So far the fault hasn't come back. It would normally come on with a vanos code. But that seemed to have disappeared also.

Last edited by MarcoE93; 05-15-2012 at 02:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

That doesn't sound normal.

Call Cobb. They have amazing customer support
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
MarcoE93
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW coral red E93

I think I may just do that. Just wanted to know if anyone here also knew anything about it
Appreciate 0