E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Help me decide - M3 Rep or Not??

04-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
Jake@MOTIV
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

Help me decide - M3 Rep or Not??

So I have not seen one of these in person. I want to redo my front end but I would like to either see one in person or have someone with a good camera take some pictures in which you can clearly see into the middle lower grill. I want to see how it all lines up with the factory vents, radiator shroud, etc. to make sure its a good fit and look.

I would appreciate any help from owners!! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

I saw one in person and loved it, even with the fogs I thought it looked good.

If I did it I would retro fit the ducts to fit and delete the fogs.

This guy just added a lip and I think it looks amazing.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=678580

If I did the M3 front the lip would be a must
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 03:53 AM   #3
scflaw
Captain
Rep
Drives: M135I, Macan S, G26 i4M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyLow335i View Post
So I have not seen one of these in person. I want to redo my front end but I would like to either see one in person or have someone with a good camera take some pictures in which you can clearly see into the middle lower grill. I want to see how it all lines up with the factory vents, radiator shroud, etc. to make sure its a good fit and look.

I would appreciate any help from owners!! Thanks!
+1 i would like to see as well. The only thing holding me back is that i'm scared the vents dont line up and the heat damages somthing important. I've read that some people run without the vents and its fine. If anybody could chime in, that would be great!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 04:04 AM   #4
TigOn.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3 CZP,07 e90 335 FBO

Just do it man everything lines up great, But do delete the fog lights and add the OEM M3 air ducks.
Attached Images

Garage///2013 e92 M3 ZCP ///2007 e90 335 FBO///
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 06:06 AM   #5
Jake@MOTIV
Captain
Rep

Ya - it looks incredible but I have never seen a picture that lets me see through the lower center grill. I want to make sure the shrouding and stuff isn't awkward looking. I also want to find one locally so I dont have to pay 120 in shipping lol.

Where is the best place to buy it? I am sure there are a few different factories making it so who has the nicest!!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

M sport is better IMO. Car isnt an M3
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
Ed328xiCoupe2011
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi Coupe Alpine White

^ +1
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #8
Jake@MOTIV
Captain
Rep

Msport is really nice but I don't want to spend 1000$ on a bumper and all the accessories (vents, etc.)

Lol I love the people who come on here "you don't drive an m3 don't get that". Who gives a shit. Its a better looking bumper than stock. Its 1/2 the price of the msport. I would rather have the 600$ in my pocket and rock the rep than buy the mpsort. Seriously - who cares if it's not or is an m3. Its a car. Are you one of the people that complains when the dealer puts you in a loaner that isn't a bmw?

So back on topic - the link that blindside posted was exactly what i was looking for. If anyone else has close up or detailed shots that show THROUGH the mesh I would greatly appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #9
Ed328xiCoupe2011
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi Coupe Alpine White

Quote:
Msport is really nice but I don't want to spend 1000$ on a bumper and all the accessories (vents, etc.)

Lol I love the people who come on here "you don't drive an m3 don't get that". Who gives a shit. Its a better looking bumper than stock. Its 1/2 the price of the msport. I would rather have the 600$ in my pocket and rock the rep than buy the mpsort. Seriously - who cares if it's not or is an m3. Its a car. Are you one of the people that complains when the dealer puts you in a loaner that isn't a bmw?

So back on topic - the link that blindside posted was exactly what i was looking for. If anyone else has close up or detailed shots that show THROUGH the mesh I would greatly appreciate it.
LoL, calm down buddy no one told you not to get it. He just said "M sport is better IMO. Car isnt an M3" he's just saying the M-sport is better you take it too offensive.

Last edited by Ed328xiCoupe2011; 04-20-2012 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #10
mave198
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Doesn't matter if its not a M3.

As long as you're not putting on M badges nothing wrong with this bumper

Factory ducts do need to be trimmed to fit the bumper.

Or u can get the M3 ducts and do the fog delete.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #11
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

You really need to relax. You asked for opinions, hence the title of this thread. I expressed mine, and you are getting on people's case? Really, next time don't even ask the question then.

With your logic, "who cares if it's not or is an m3", you might as well slap on an M badge, it's just a car right? Who cares?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #12
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:

+1 - It's just a bumper.

Slapping on M badge is different.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #13
Jake@MOTIV
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
You really need to relax. You asked for opinions, hence the title of this thread. I expressed mine, and you are getting on people's case? Really, next time don't even ask the question then.

With your logic, "who cares if it's not or is an m3", you might as well slap on an M badge, it's just a car right? Who cares?
LOL - I will break it down in a list for you since you think me chuckling at your response means I got "upset".

1) Check OP - it asked for pictures of something specific and not opinions as I really don't care what other people think. I want to see a specific picture so I can decide for myself since I have not been able to see it in person. I could care less what someone else thinks looks good - I want what I think looks good. For that reason I just wanted pictures and not opinions

2) Why would I slap an M badge on it. I already expressed I am putting on a bumper because it looks nicer and not because it represents an M. I don't want an M3. If I did I would have bought it. I have owned all turbo vehicles and will always go that route. So saying "you might as well slap an M badge on" makes no sense since we already established my motives were NOT to attempt to look like an M - but to simply improve upon the aesthetic appearance.

If I got upset I wouldn't have laughed at your attempt to share your opinion where it was not requested. I would have bitched at you - but its the internet where I simply laugh at those type of responses. Now that we have cleared that up any more pics that will show what I am talking about would be great. A friend of mine just told me he has a container coming with msport reps so I may actually get to go that route after all. Now it all comes down to which i think will look better as they are not OEM.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #14
Pnutz295
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

I like the Mtech much better then the M3 rep. You can get Mtech rep bumper also. The Mtech has a lot more option for a lip.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #15
Fred_Boosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie295 View Post
I like the Mtech much better then the M3 rep. You can get Mtech rep bumper also. The Mtech has a lot more option for a lip.
I hardly can find a M tech rep with good or fair quality...

Do you know any M tech rep?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #16
Pnutz295
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_Boosted View Post

I think JG mod has them for sale. I'm not sure if it's for e90 or e92. You should really pm him.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #17
Jake@MOTIV
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_Boosted View Post

A friend of mine has a few for e90 and e92 coming in 2 weeks. The sample on his e90 i saw was FLAWLESS and I htink I am going to hold off and demo the e92 for him so I will let you guys know!!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #18
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
LOL - I will break it down in a list for you since you think me chuckling at your response means I got "upset".

1) Check OP - it asked for pictures of something specific and not opinions as I really don't care what other people think. I want to see a specific picture so I can decide for myself since I have not been able to see it in person. I could care less what someone else thinks looks good - I want what I think looks good. For that reason I just wanted pictures and not opinions

2) Why would I slap an M badge on it. I already expressed I am putting on a bumper because it looks nicer and not because it represents an M. I don't want an M3. If I did I would have bought it. I have owned all turbo vehicles and will always go that route. So saying "you might as well slap an M badge on" makes no sense since we already established my motives were NOT to attempt to look like an M - but to simply improve upon the aesthetic appearance.

If I got upset I wouldn't have laughed at your attempt to share your opinion where it was not requested. I would have bitched at you - but its the internet where I simply laugh at those type of responses. Now that we have cleared that up any more pics that will show what I am talking about would be great. A friend of mine just told me he has a container coming with msport reps so I may actually get to go that route after all. Now it all comes down to which i think will look better as they are not OEM.

Lol, I appreciate you caring so much to make a reply long enough I don't want to read it. Bravo. If you can afford an m3, dont want one, but want to make the front look like one, then great, dont bitch that msport is expensive.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #19
Fred_Boosted
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
A friend of mine has a few for e90 and e92 coming in 2 weeks. The sample on his e90 i saw was FLAWLESS and I htink I am going to hold off and demo the e92 for him so I will let you guys know!!
JGMODS is selling E90. My is E92...

What material is that? If its the same material as stock bumper, wish you could hook me up.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #20
Fred_Boosted
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Lol, I appreciate you caring so much to make a reply long enough I don't want to read it. Bravo. If you can afford an m3, dont want one, but want to make the front look like one, then great, dont bitch that msport is expensive.
Chill, dude.

Saving money is always right. If you like stock bumper, thats all right too, you are not wrong either.

But don't
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #21
Jake@MOTIV
Captain
Rep

Ignore the guy. Trolls will troll.

The material is the same as factory. Check back with me in like 2 weeks and I'll get pics and info. PM me if you want some details and I'll get you in touch with the vendor. He is a sponsor on here but he likes to wait till stock is in his hands before starting to advertise and sell them so customers arent stuck waiting.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #22
Fred_Boosted
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Ignore the guy. Trolls will troll.

The material is the same as factory. Check back with me in like 2 weeks and I'll get pics and info. PM me if you want some details and I'll get you in touch with the vendor. He is a sponsor on here but he likes to wait till stock is in his hands before starting to advertise and sell them so customers arent stuck waiting.
Cool. Thanks for the info.
Appreciate 0