E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Best Data Logging Tune?

04-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
vertigo44
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 335i Coupe

Best Data Logging Tune?

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on buying either Proceed, JB4, or Cobb.

In order of priority...

1. Data Logging / Trouble shooting (Which product will provide the most information to help troubleshoot issues)
2. PWM integration (The last thing I've read is that the PWM kit is the safest kit out there and is INSTANT ON no dribbling / ramping up). Does the BMS kit have the same features as the PWM kit? Also, from looking at the tune comparision chart, Cobb doesn't support meth..? Is this right?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo44 View Post

In order of priority...

1. Data Logging / Trouble shooting (Which product will provide the most information to help troubleshoot issues)
2. PWM integration (The last thing I've read is that the PWM kit is the safest kit out there and is INSTANT ON no dribbling / ramping up). Does the BMS kit have the same features as the PWM kit? Also, from looking at the tune comparision chart, Cobb doesn't support meth..? Is this right?

Thanks!
Wow you really bought the scare tactics??
I would suggest doing some more research before you pull the trigger. Also, if I were in the market for a tune, out of the 3 you listed I would go with Cobb.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
scottro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

I am happy with my procede and pwm meth integration, and I do quite a bit of data logging. I had originally just bought the procede and then installed the meth kit a few months later. I went with the PWM kit from Vishnu because of the integration with the procede.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
rader1
Banned
Rep
Drives: Cobb Stage 2+ 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo44 View Post

In order of priority...

Thanks!
1) Cobb has the best datalogging currently available. As far as customer support goes it's probably a dead heat between Cobb and BMS.

2) PWM is a very nice way of doing meth, however it's available on more setups than just the Vishnu PWM kit. Aquamist HFS-3 and 4 are both PWM meth kits and will work with any tune.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
amill411
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

I've been very happy with my JB4 + BMS meth kit. Haven't had any problems whatsoever, data logging is easy and has quite a few options. Not to mention Terry's customer service at BMS is superb.
Appreciate 0