E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Help with Procede

04-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Help with Procede

I ordered the Procede Rev3 from the USA ($780 delivered great price) and received it last week. Yesterday I began the installation following the YouTube video step by step and all was good until I got to the 4.37min mark which the instructions said I should avoid and jump to 4.56min and continue, however, one issue, in the box from the USA is the following:

There were no instructions on how to install this? I don't know what it is.

I completed the installation anyway without the above and all seems ok, just need to test this morning as I ran out of time and I was off to watch my team get flogged at Eithad last night.

There are two red wires coming out of this little black cube (about 3.4cm) with no ends,(see above) and there are also two red wires coming out of the rev3 box but with connectors - see below circled in yellow

There is also another connection circled in Red above that seems to go nowhere as well?

** Also, those of you who have installed the USB cable, did you leave it plugged into the Rev3 box, and then what did you do, ie did you pass it through to the glove box?

Would appreciate any help before I put the covers back on.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Sorry couldn't help you yesterday

In term of the USB you should put to our glovebox so you can data log and do other things.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post

In term of the USB you should put to our glovebox so you can data log and do other things.
No worries Rai, I appreciate you taking the call. Is it easy to pass through to the glove box?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornadog335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post

No worries Rai, I appreciate you taking the call. Is it easy to pass through to the glove box?
Yes and no. At the back of the ecu box (best IMO to the everything out of the ecu box first) there is a fan with two openings you need to use the one at the bottom or you will break the cooling fan for the ecu. In all take your time and you should be fine.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Ok with a bit of Googling I have found out what this is. Its a 2-step/NLS

All the details are here

Using 2-Step Rev Limiter

With this feature enabled, it is triggered it when the car is stationary AND with the clutch pedal depressed. When these two conditions are met, you can floor the throttle pedal and engine speed will be limited to your 2-step RPM values. Ignition will be cut when revs reach the RPM@switch off value and then resume when revs falls below the RPM@switch on value. You can enable the 2-step rev limit feature for several seconds. The longer you keep it active, the more boost generated. At a rev limit of 2500rpm, you may only be able to build 1-2psi of boost. However, with a rev limit of 5000rpm, you may be able to build as much as 6-7psi of boost. Obviously, building too much boost at launch won't do you any good if you don't have enough traction. Otherwise, all you will get is wheelspin!

I don't have a manual car, so no need to install.

Last edited by Michael BD; 04-14-2012 at 07:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornadog335i View Post
Ok with a bit of Googling I have found out what this is. Its a 2-step/NLS

All the details are here

Using 2-Step Rev Limiter

With this feature enabled, it is triggered it when the car is stationary AND with the clutch pedal depressed. When these two conditions are met, you can floor the throttle pedal and engine speed will be limited to your 2-step RPM values. Ignition will be cut when revs reach the RPM@switch off value and then resume when revs falls below the RPM@switch on value. You can enable the 2-step rev limit feature for several seconds. The longer you keep it active, the more boost generated. At a rev limit of 2500rpm, you may only be able to build 1-2psi of boost. However, with a rev limit of 5000rpm, you may be able to build as much as 6-7psi of boost. Obviously, building too much boost at launch won't do you any good if you don't have enough traction. Otherwise, all you will get is wheelspin!

I don't have a manual car, so no need to install.
Ah that make sense

In terms of the usb cable going through the firewall is pretty easy, just unplug your ECU and take it out then snake it through the hole (the 135i only has one hole so I assume follow Pavo's advice).

Then from the cabin you just need to unscrew the panel underneath the glovebox and you will see the USB from there.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #7
Freefreefive
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Just run it through the door. Takes 1 min to do. The shut lines between the bonnet and fender hide the cable and it's invisible to those outside.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 01:12 AM   #8
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefreefive
Just run it through the door. Takes 1 min to do. The shut lines between the bonnet and fender hide the cable and it's invisible to those outside.
You and Edwin must compare notes on "ghetto"

Dude do the job properly the first time. It's an easy job through the firewall just take your time
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 01:41 AM   #9
Freefreefive
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Yes and no. Through the door takes literally 1 min and is non permanent. If the police find a USB cable in your glove box they will investigate further.

Also some dealers will refuse to work on your car if you have a tune.

Unless you're data logging daily you are better off doing it through the door (not the window).

Each to their own.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 01:48 AM   #10
onebadmofo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

That's the power relay. I don't remember exactly how to install it but if you don't run the PWM methanol or NLS you should be fine without it.
The "extra" connectors are most likely again for either PWM or NLS.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 03:12 AM   #11
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yes and no. Through the door takes literally 1 min and is non permanent. If the police find a USB cable in your glove box they will investigate further.

Unless you're data logging daily you are better off doing it through the door (not the window).

Each to their own.
Fark'n copper won't give a shit about a cable in the glove box. He will be too busy with the coke :rofl:
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 03:20 AM   #12
Freefreefive
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

In melb they will strip your car down to the ECU if they smell something dodgy. Just ask BMWGTR what he got done for....

I wanted to do it through glovebox initially but glad I didn't in the end
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 04:31 AM   #13
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
In melb they will strip your car down to the ECU if they smell something dodgy. Just ask BMWGTR what he got done for....

You can hide the cable in the under tray. That's the tray thing give you need to take off to feed it through to the glove box.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 05:29 AM   #14
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefreefive View Post

Each to their own.
Ummm why is it illegal to have a USB in the glovebox - what happen if you have one for a media interface?!?!?!

I suppose if that cop was going to strip your car down you must have been doing something very very bad as I don't think a cop will stop you and go straight for your glovebox straight away... ?

And why would you take the car to the dealer with your tune installed it only takes an extra 5-10 minute putting the cable through the firewall (once you have done it enough time ).

IMO just do it though the firewall very very easy.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #15
BMWGTR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
Fark'n copper won't give a shit about a cable in the glove box. He will be too busy with the coke :rofl:

Quote:

I doubt cops will pull over BMWs to search them in that manner as they aren't a known 'hoon' car, but if they do, game over. They will literally strip it down to the ECU, look under carpet, take out plastic, you name it.

Come to Melbourne Pavo and if you bump into the police in your modded car, bring lube, lots of it.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #16
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post

Quote:

I doubt cops will pull over BMWs to search them in that manner as they aren't a known 'hoon' car, but if they do, game over. They will literally strip it down to the ECU, look under carpet, take out plastic, you name it.

Come to Melbourne Pavo and if you bump into the police in your modded car, bring lube, lots of it.
I thought your coppers were a little twitchy on the trigger finger and I wouldn't need the lube?

Seriously bugger the glove box and ecu, all they need to do is open the boot and see the meth tank and it's game over.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #17
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Has anyone using the Procede had any changes in fuel consumption?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 02:31 AM   #18
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornadog335i
Has anyone using the Procede had any changes in fuel consumption?
Bigdog forget the proceed and ask has anyone had a change in fuel consumption with a tune

really?????? What exactly did you expect :
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #19
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Are you referring due to tune or due to the way we drive after tuning the car ? lol

Most people probably drive it harder after a tune and thus higher fuel consumption as a result.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #20
BMWGTR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

I think FreeFreeFive and BMJOE noticed some change but can't recall whether consumption went up or down lol. I just remember them talking about it.

That said, Mr 335i and Miss fuel consumption don't really hit it off.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #21
Freefreefive
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

I'd say it's gone up for me. However I only had the car 2 weeks before the procede was installed so can't be sure.

I get around 13L/100km at the moment. I drive the car in a spirited fashion but it also spends a lot of time on the freeway.

I say I could get maybe 11L/100km if I had the procede off and was careful with it.

My E36 M3 used to drink 10L/100km and it bounced off the redline all day long... Man that car was awesome in every way...
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #22
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

I noticed the other day the service warning light has come on telling me a service is due soon at 22,000klms. Funny thing is I have done 28,000 klms and that service was done late last year

Could the procede have thrown this up, or did the dealer service dept not reset it properly?
Appreciate 0