E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Exterior / Cosmetic Parts > WTB: Mtech Rear Bumper

03-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
Malaka1
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 6MT Black

WTB: Mtech Rear Bumper

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Looking for a Mtech rear bumper.

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

We have the E92 M-tech style rear bumpers available. Here's a review from a fellow forum member for you to check out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooringhusky View Post
Finally got around to getting my rear M-Tech bumper painted and installed so wanted to update and show some pics of the car! I bought the bumper from Alan************ sometime last year and never got a chance to get it painted (due to low funds...spending on performance mods instead )

Quick Rundown:

Goals: I wanted the style of the new M-Tech package along with the potential to expand to quad exhausts on my "older style" aka pre-LCI 2007 335i

Options: There were a few options to add quads to the stock OEM pre-LCI bumper (such as the Hamann style diffuser)..but since they all required to cut and do permanent damage to the OEM bumper I opted out of anything requiring cutting...Not only that personally I thought they were all relatively ugly styling/design..

Thats when I realized that it would look best and be the easiest to go quads if I took the route of a M-Tech style bumper..

So, I knew I wanted the M-Tech style bumper...Researching for this style bumper I figured out I could either get a OEM BMW M-Tech bumper for just under $700 unpainted...OR I could get a Replica M-Tech bumper which would be a mirror copy of materials and design but at a much cheaper price point at ~$400...For the OEM price of $700 + Paint I dont think I could afford that option so I figured the Replica would be a good route assuming the quality/fitment is top notch..

This is where I had another issue..I bought my car used and it had the option of rear bumper PDC sensors..The Replica M-Tech bumpers available from the vendors here do not come with a pre-drilled PDC option and therefore was another obstacle from getting the bumper..

Purchase: The purchase of the bumper was smooth...I PM'd Alan and asked him a few questions regarding the PDC sensors...He quickly replied and helped out telling me that any "decent" shop should be able to drill the holes properly and take care of the sensor issues..He also told me he could give me a pretty good price picked up...I took him up on the offer and met him up in person at **********s in La Habra..Picked the bumper up and drove it home..At this point I didnt get a chance to get it painted until just a couple weeks ago..

Paint: I got the bumper painted at Perfect Color in Anaheim...I went to this place based on recommendation from a few guys on the board here..Enrique has helped me before when I got my Replica M3 Style front painted...and once again took care of me It took a couple weeks for me to pick up the bumper but I finally got it and everything was top notch as always from Enrique@Perfect Color..

Install: The install was smooth...I had to remove the previous bumper via a Youtube video I saw on removal...Then for the install I had to move the sensors from the old bumper to the new one and mount new plastic PDC mounts...After remounting the sensors I put the bumper back on the car and it fit like a GLOVE...The replica from **********s is spot on fitment wise and I couldnt ask for anything better...Really looks OEM and anyone would not be able to tell the difference..(Note: This rear bumper replica fit MUCH better than the fitment on the M3 Style front I bought from ModMy3 which has slight fitment issues..)

Final Thoughts: Everything worked out as planned and it looks pretty good id say...Now that I have the M-Tech bumper it doesnt make THAT big of a difference looks-wise as I originally thought...I like it sometimes at some angles and I dont other times...Overall I dont feel this mod gave me as much satisfaction as I thought it would for the money spent but either way it looks great...It was a lot of money for the Bumper + Paint + Install so its not in everyones budget and honestly was out of my budget too..Lastly I havent really had the chance to ask many people how it looks so would love input from anyone and everyone..Thanks in advance..

*Note: Will be going to Quad SS Cyba Tips/Quad Diffuser and Muffler Delete soon so will make an update or a new thread soon..

Thanks again to Alan************ and Enrique@Perfect Color...

Last edited by ModBargains.com; 03-25-2012 at 06:40 PM..
Appreciate 0