E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 6FL iPod Question

06-08-2007, 09:22 AM   #1
Rodrigo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Convertible

Question 6FL iPod Question

I have yet to take delivery of my car and have not seen this mentioned in any of the other 6FL threads, but was wondering if the syncing/initiation process that is required when you first connect your iPod to the vehicle via the 6FL interface is repeated every time the iPod is disconnected and then reconnected.

I'm assuming the initiation process transfers the iPod's directory structure information to the vehicle so is this information kept in the vehicle once you disconnect the iPod and is it reused when the iPod is reconnected or do you have to wait for the initiation process to complete every time you reconnect your iPod? I'm assuming the vehicle reuses this information everytime the iPod is reconnected but wanted confirmation. If so, what occurs when you add or delete songs? Does the initiation process have to be repeated or are only the changes to your iPod recognized and updated automatically allowing for a quicker sync?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 09:48 AM   #2
Reize
Rep
Drives: 118Dse + Aud, Comfort, Dynamic

I've disconnected my iPod and plugged a USB memorystick in and now when I swap between the two, it actually starts playing again from the exact point it stopped.

So, no, it doesn't sync every time.

I'm not sure what will happen if you add new tracks to your iPod and then connect up though.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 10:01 AM   #3
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
It actually seems to occur each time the iPod is accessed after the car has gone into sleep mode, or if the device has been disconnected.

This is good, so you ensure that you have your recent library available. It doesn't take long, so I like it that way.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 10:17 AM   #4
Rodrigo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
It actually seems to occur each time the iPod is accessed after the car has gone into sleep mode, or if the device has been disconnected.

This is good, so you ensure that you have your recent library available. It doesn't take long, so I like it that way.
How many GBs do you have on your iPod? I had heard it could take about 15 minutes for some with large libraries. I'd hate to have to wait 15 minutes everytime I reconnected my iPod after using it in the office or at home.
Appreciate 0