E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Car Purchase Maybe, 2006 325i 112k

03-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
bigturbovr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW, Bugatti, Bentley

Red face Car Purchase Maybe, 2006 325i 112k

Hi there, Im a private guy that is going to be looking at a pre owned BMW 3 series.

I found someone i have been working with for about a week. He owns a 2006 BMW 325i with navigation, no sport package. 111,000 miles

He is asking about 10,500 Cash for the car and is one of the better deals out there. Checked the carfax has had one accident but professionally repaired. I usually shy away from cars that do. But price and condition are right.

Anyone with comments would be appreciated. What things to look for and address.

Thanks, Attached are some pictures !

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Its from Louisiana!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

Price seems pretty good, but there are a few things you need to look out for.

First, stop by BMW and see what was done under warranty. Should have had one major software update done.

Listen closely to the engine, especially on a cold start. Have a listen to the N52 on youtube or even in threads here to know exactly how it's supposed to sound. Common problem is the metallic ticking noise attributed to worn lifters. It's a complicated issue, but there are a few threads to help you read up on it.

Make sure the trans shifts well in all gears. If it hasn't had a service recently, I recommend you have the fluid + filter replaced soon.

Listen to any sounds coming from the shocks, as they could also need replacing, depending on age and the car's history.

When the key is inserted into the slot, a lock mechanism in the steering column disengages. Make sure there are no issues with this and the car starts right away. A sticking mechanism will result in a yellow or red lock symbol on the dash and usually an inability to start. Not a big deal but a bit labor-intensive to fix.

Check all door handles, rears especially are prone to sticking in the out position. Again, not a big deal, but you can remove the door panels and grease them up.

Also, rear window regulators get tired. Lower + raise windows fully, if they slow on the way up, they're on their way out.

**I would have a local coder read the car's codes through a computer. This is pretty simple with a laptop and a $100 cable. Unless they've been erased, it'll tell you the car's history as to CELs or any other faults recorded anywhere, down to bulbs burning out.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
bigturbovr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW, Bugatti, Bentley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Its from Louisiana!
i wanted to purchase your 3 series over the summer ! wish i did ! Yes the cars from down south and he now lives in west mass.

im no longer go forward with the car deal because of the lien on the title. I dont want to deal with it especially from out of state bank.

Thanks for comments. Im still looking for the right 3 series !
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #5
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigturbovr View Post
i wanted to purchase your 3 series over the summer ! wish i did ! Yes the cars from down south and he now lives in west mass.

im no longer go forward with the car deal because of the lien on the title. I dont want to deal with it especially from out of state bank.

Thanks for comments. Im still looking for the right 3 series !
Aww , Wait is your name Chris?

I sold it to a co-worker at my firm and he loves it. I always catch him updating his fb with pics of his "new" car. lol
Appreciate 0