E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Love Lux But They Failed Me

02-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
typemoon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Angry Love Lux But They Failed Me

I love them I was in love, this was my best upgrade I did until I get money for LS3. (was planning to do ls3 this summer but now probably sooner)

So whats making me post this is, my passenger angel eye went out today . . . and Idk wtf happened, but thats not the only problem. . . . . . please proceed reading

So I bought my Angel Eyes late August/early September they were great ! Within a few weeks my driver side angel eyes started to get yellow . . . . . (Im trying to find pics but I was always self conscious about it, if you see my posts I only take shots of my rear or pics of the front with no angel eyes on)

So I started to get angry and e-mailed sales@luxangeleyes.com about them (9/25/2011), I then proceed to remove my angel eyes to see what can be the problem.

(THESE ARE STILL WORKING AND WAS INSTALLED ON THE DRIVER SIDE)
Apparently one of the led melted or what not, it still shines and looks super white/bright but once installed it gives a yellowish hue. Heres some pics. . . I was like wtf !

They replied with "OK well that looks like there is physical damage to the LED. Did you follow
the instructions correctly when you installed them. "

Which makes total sense, it can be my fault, but its 2 screw to install them how do I mess that up? and where can the pressure be from? theres a side/raised wall it should be protected. Theres nothing within the headlight I think it con possibly touch? BTW AGAIN THE ONE WITH A MELTED LED IS STILL WORKING

SO ARGH IDK IM SOOOO PISS IVE ONLY OWNED THESE FOR 5MONTHS AND I GOT A MELTED LED ON ONE BULB AND ONES TOTALLY DEAD . . . . IDK WTF TO DO ABOUT TO EMAIL LUX and see if theres a warranty, and hopfully get this problem fixed . . . fml and my luck.

btw heres a link to my build thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=644343
I do alot of things myself Im sure I can install them correctly.

Last edited by typemoon; 02-29-2012 at 09:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
TC_e90
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 LCI 335i

Sorry to hear... Don't they come with a 1 year warranty?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
GmoBmw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Dude i hope they replace these for you. That sucks man.
      02-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
SaviorXi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive coupe

Garage List
Sorry to hear about the problem. I have LUX V3 and my driver side went out after 1 month. I emailed LUX and they got back to me right away and asked me to send it back. Within 3 days I had mine back repaired and as good as new. Great customer service from LUX and awesome angel eye LED's. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
typemoon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorXi View Post
Sorry to hear about the problem. I have LUX V3 and my driver side went out after 1 month. I emailed LUX and they got back to me right away and asked me to send it back. Within 3 days I had mine back repaired and as good as new. Great customer service from LUX and awesome angel eye LED's. Good luck.
thats really good to hear, I cant wait till they reply. Just so angry I had to post this lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #6
onesuperboi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 335i COBB 4.01 Stage 1

Not the first time I heard problems with LUX. There are other alternatives out there.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #7
Alpineweiss e90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 330xi

I've had one of those LEDs do that to me. It wasn't from lux though. When the LED gets hot, the dome will soften if there isn't enough heat dissipated from the LED. I accidentally tapped something against it and it disformed.

Still worked like yours but it looked yellow.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
i've had my lux 5.0 for like 4 years and before that lux 3.0.... never had any issues even with the older versions of lux. marc is a great guy i'm sure you guys can work it out.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #9
mrj25
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E90 LCI

marc will get back to you and will resolve your issue. through my experience, he's pretty good on getting back to his customers. i had the lux v3's before i upgraded to the ls3 i'm just sayin....
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 11:28 PM   #10
beskone
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LeMans BLue e92 335i LCI

Garage List
2012 e92 335i LCI  [0.00]
2009 e92 328i  [10.00]
I bought my friend a set of LUX 4.0's and about a year and a half later one of them went out, so I emailed Marc.

I shipped them to him with $20, for return postage and he fixed it and sent it back in like a week. I'm sure he'll sort you out if you give him a chance.

I have LUX H8 V1's in my E92 and for $50 he sent me the new V3 drivers and instructions on how to convert mine to the harness less version, love them still today.

Marc's a great guy and a great vendor but he does do this in addition to being in school so give him a bit to reply / get you taken care of, I'm sure in the end you'll be happy.

e92 LCI • LeMans BlueSaddle Brown • Bamboo Anthracite • Performance Grilles • CF Performance Spoiler • CF Performance Diffuser • ACS Style Roof Spoiler • LED Interior Lighting • BMS Clutch Stop • BMS Intake • BMS CDV • BMW Performance Exhaust • ST V1 Coilovers • Miro 111 Staggered • More to come!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #11
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

I checked through my e-mail and I dont see a recent e-mail from you regarding this. I'm sorry that one of these has failed for you, but dont worry because we can get this replaced with a new one for you right away. Please send me an e-mail and i'll get this fixed for you in no-time.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #12
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
I checked through my e-mail and I dont see a recent e-mail from you regarding this. I'm sorry that one of these has failed for you, but dont worry because we can get this replaced with a new one for you right away. Please send me an e-mail and i'll get this fixed for you in no-time.
Now thats some customer service..fawkin hey!

Have Lux on my m3 and love em..to be fair they came on the car when I purchased it..to date I have no issues
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #13
typemoon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
thankyou no worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
Now thats some customer service..fawkin hey!

Have Lux on my m3 and love em..to be fair they came on the car when I purchased it..to date I have no issues
I've always love lux, all my friends have them before we upgrade to oss or ls3 . . . . trying to convince one of my freinds to go 180desgin
Appreciate 0