E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Ski Pass Thru w/ Fixed Rear Seat

10-30-2005, 09:00 PM   #1
rakosior
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 - 325xi

Ski Pass Thru w/ Fixed Rear Seat

I have an E90 325xi without the folding rear seat option. I didn't have the luxury of special ordering my E90 (needed a car ASAP) and the one that I found did not have the folding rear seat / ski pass thru option. Since I'm an avid skier, a ski pass thru would great enhance the functionality of my E90. I've talked with several BMW dealerships and they have told me that a ski pass thru is not a standard add on to a E90 with a fixed rear seat. Even so, the rear seat does have a center fold down armrest and it seems that anyone brave enough to cut a hole in the metal panel between the seat and the trunk could install the ski pass thru assembly.

Has anyone attempted such a reto-fit?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 03:02 AM   #2
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Why bother? Iīm an avid skier myself and I donīt have the pass-through eiter. So I just throw my skis on the back seat. The trunk is too small to take the luggage for a skiing holiday with more than two people anyway.
      10-31-2005, 08:19 AM   #3
Meatnog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Sedan

Uh, how are 200s gonna fit in the back seat?
      10-31-2005, 09:09 AM   #4
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Well, my skis are 180cm (the times of 200cm Skis have long been gone) but even 200cm skis would fit. Just not flat on the seat but from the floor (rather forward, close to the front seat) at one side to the roof at the other side (rather backward towards the rear window). You gotta use the 3 dimensions

I use a pair of old ski socks at either end of the skis to prevent them from scratching anything and voila: no passthorugh neccessary.

This worked fine in the E46 and since the E90 is even wider I donīt see why it wouldnīt work in it.

If you like I can take a picture on my next trip (although current plans only foresee my next skiing trip in March... )