E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Sony Ericsson and the phonebook

06-04-2007, 03:28 AM   #1
simonbenn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M Sport Auto

Sony Ericsson and the phonebook

Hi,

This one is a little confusing. Can someone who has a k750i please confirm that their phone works as expected?

I've got a K800i and my gf has a k750i. I can pair the k800 phone perfectly everytime and the phonebook displays perfectly. Everything works perfectly. However when I pair the k750i it only displays a few seemingly random entires of the phone book. it does a partial transfer of the phone book

I've done a forum seach and I'm stumped. I've reflashed both phones to the latest SE firmware (R1DB001 CID36 for the k750i) added and deleted the parinings with the i-drive. Still no joy.

Is the addressbook / phonebook reliability dependant on the progman version? If then is there anyway of telling what progman version I have. I know I don't have a v25 version as it's a dec'05 uk car and it has the arrow bug. Also the in dash cd player does'nt read my mp3 CDs (burnt according to instructions on here somewhere)

Regards

Simon
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 04:26 AM   #2
simonbenn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M Sport Auto

OK so I've made some progress on this but it's still not perfect.

The easy one 1st: To make a MP3 CD burn an iso:1999 format cd using nero and put all the mp3 tracks into folders, not the root of the disc. Use a good quality CD-R (I used a verbatim CD-RW) and burn it slowly. I used 2x on disk that was rated 2-10x. Problem solved.

For the phone it's a little odd still. I have most of the address book / phone book transferred using this method: create and account on mobical.net. Sync it up and make a manual backup on the site. Or do whatever you have to to make a backup of the phone contacts memory.

Then transfer to the phone then delete all SIM contacts. These confuse the issue. I used float's mobile agent (FMA) since you can delete multiple SIM entries at once.

Then delete ALL groupings. Then delete all phone book entries. Then transfer them all back from mobical.net

The net result is that you end up with a "clean" phone book. You'll lose picture IDs when ringing and custom ringtones. but the phone book will transfer better.

I still have questions though. Where is the bluetooth aeriel in the car. It looks like it is in the footwell somewhere? It it always on the right hand side of the car even for RHD(UK) cars?

Regards

Simon
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 12:08 PM   #3
yowsa
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

I too had the same problem with my old K750i. New entries would be ok, but some old ones would not transfer correctly. I've now upgraded to the W880i and there doesn't seem to be any problems with transferring the phonebook. Think it could be a compatibility issue with the K750i.

E92 335i, TiAg, Black Leather, Aluminum Trim, 6spd Manual

Sport, Premium, Cold, Nav, PDC, CA, SIRIUS
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 04:34 AM   #4
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

I had an issue with my k750i.. I didn't think it worked with the phone book, but it took 45 minutes to transfer my entire phone book.. be patient.
Appreciate 0