BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos    Interesting Skunk2 News READ THIS!!!

02-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
JavaG80
Private
Rep
Drives: '22 G80 6MT, '18 X3 M40i

Interesting Skunk2 News READ THIS!!!

I know that they don't make parts for our cars, but I am sure many of you are familiar with the aftermarket company Skunk2.

A lot has come about on forums all over the internet in the past few days.

Check out the following post to understand what complete a$$holes these guys are.

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99965

Basically, boycott their products, get rid of any of there stuff that you might have (because its crap and isnt going to be worth anything), and support these Honda guys.

This is another great reason to really do a lot of research on the parts that you buy for your car. Price and performance should definitely not be the only factors.

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
Pnutz295
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Let me try to understand this.

2 people "exposed" Skunk 2. Telling everyone that S2 products are made oversea's.

S2 - Wants those 2 people info (address, phone number, etc) for some unknown reason.

Internet questions why S2 wants those 2 people info

2 people wants to sue S2 before S2 maybe sues them?

Am I correct on this?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
Impervious
UNC FTW
Pakistan
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 135i

Wow that's not good. A company shouldn't ever seek out private individuals regardless of what they have said about the company.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
so?confused
jr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

why would a company that size not just pay someone to seach for those ppl through there ip?

-btw ive used there product, and they arent shit..just my .02
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #5
Pnutz295
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by so?confused View Post
why would a company that size not just pay someone to seach for those ppl through there ip?

-btw ive used there product, and they arent shit..just my .02
I think the point is why would a company want someone's info. The company "any company" should/could discuss problems openly or find a fix asap. Look at apple, they have problems with the iPhones but they some how fix the problems. The HPFP, BMW tried to hide it at 1st but now they are giving us 100K warranty.

S2 failed to fix problems with their products, or give people the run around until they just give up and get another company product.

It's like BMW is joining this forum and asking members to get your info because you stated some true info.

What I also, find funny is that people buy S2 product thinking it's good stuff. There has to be cost cutting to get product that cheap. If they wanted good product then they will have to pay.

I've been some what reading up on it. They posted the owner info.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #6
so?confused
jr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie295 View Post
I think the point is why would a company want someone's info. The company "any company" should/could discuss problems openly or find a fix asap. Look at apple, they have problems with the iPhones but they some how fix the problems. The HPFP, BMW tried to hide it at 1st but now they are giving us 100K warranty.

S2 failed to fix problems with their products, or give people the run around until they just give up and get another company product.

It's like BMW is joining this forum and asking members to get your info because you stated some true info.

What I also, find funny is that people buy S2 product thinking it's good stuff. There has to be cost cutting to get product that cheap. If they wanted good product then they will have to pay.

I've been some what reading up on it. They posted the owner info.
well well i just read that entire post war' thats pretty bad stuff.. well all i can say is in my teen years ive used them lol
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
Pnutz295
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by so?confused View Post
well well i just read that entire post war' thats pretty bad stuff.. well all i can say is in my teen years ive used them lol
I think everyone that was into honda's use 1 or more of their products. What's funny is that some of these guys think they have been in the honda game for a long time. I remember going to S2 shop in Hayward, CA and looking at their 12 sec allmotor integra.

You should look at S2 facebook. Everyone is hating on those 2 people but going to the forums and everyone is hating on S2. I wonder if S2 will recover from this or if there is any affects of their actions.
Appreciate 0