E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > [Non-logic sound system] Aftermarket install help

05-29-2007, 09:07 PM   #1
Watah
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M-Sport E92 335i

[Non-logic sound system] Aftermarket install help

I'm getting an amp and a sub this weekend and I already have it picked out so I don't need any help there.

I do need help with installation. Would it be wise to have it installed at Best Buy. I have a BMW professional radio but NONLOGIC7 and i read around that its difficult to get audio to an aftermarket amp from the head unit. Is there anything I'm supposed to know as far as knowing where I tap into the audio from? I heard of tapping into the rear speaker wires but apparently it gives low quality audio. Also, if i were to perform wire tapping, how would this be done?

Thanks in advance! I have a lot of questions in preparation for this weekend!
      05-31-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
nhhiep
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw

Please do yourself a favor and install the system yourself. it's very easy since everything you need are right in the trunk. just search in this forum and you will find all info that you need. here is one.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64582

don't let those kids at BB play with system, and may end up worse.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2007, 06:08 PM   #3
crimsone90
Banned
Rep
Drives: MR E92 M3

Let me know if you need help. I`ll be doing a step-by-steph installation process shortly. You can definetly do it yourself
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 07:01 AM   #4
WVS007
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i Graphite Edition

I am only a "bean counter" and therefore prefer to do simple things rather myself as well, but I failed to find a simple description of how to link an amp the the head unit.
Where exactly is the head unit in the trunk? Can the speaker wires then easily be transferred to the amp rather than the head unit. I presume the head unit has got an output for an additional amp?

ps - I only have the professional radio system, with full navigation.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 11:36 AM   #5
avincar
Private
Rep
Drives: touring sedan

The Head Unit is the CD player in the dash.

DO NOT USE BEST BUY. Find a local high end shop which has worked on your car before.

The BMW amp is in the trunk, under the rectangular panel on the floor on the aft driver's side. This is where the speaker wires start out from that go to the woofers underseat. This is the best place to get a "speaker-level" signal for your amp.

I wouldn't do it yourself based on the level of familiarity you have now... keep researching at places like the12volt.com and bcae1.com before deciding if you want to do it yourself. Everything is easy to some people and hard for other people, and you don't want it done wrong (which is why you should NOT go to Best Buy).
Appreciate 0