E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2009 335i issues - heated steering wheel, mirror dip and high battery discharge

01-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
JustinGTP
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 MINI Paceman JCW

2009 335i issues - heated steering wheel, mirror dip and high battery discharge

Hi guys and gals,

I bought a 2009 E90 335i Sedan a month ago. It is a CPO from a local BMW dealership.

It has 35,000 kms on it (21k miles).

Since buying the car, I've had to go back to get both remote batteries changed because they were low (they obviously didn't notice the iDrive stating to change batteries?), had to go back and get the right floor mats because they installed the wrong ones (put X-Drive mats into a RWD car - they were purchased by me, they stick them on the invoice).

Now we got to a cold snap, -30 C (-22F) and I started getting the high battery discharge message.

I've looked on the forums and have come across numerous posts on the issues I'm having:

1. Heated Steering wheel turns off right away when other electrical items are turned on right away. Vehicle thinks the draw is too high so it turns of the wheel.

2. Passenger mirror won't return to normal position after dipping from reverse.

3. High Battery Discharge message, clock resetting, welcome lights not coming on.

They're saying that ALL of my issues are to do with the battery not being charged. They kept the car over night and charged the battery and now everything is fine.

I told them I just came from a 100 mile trip and she told me that 100 miles is not going to fully recharge the battery. She said I have to drive over 400 miles to fully recharge the battery. I call BS.

I mentioned the SIBs and TSB for the heated steering wheel and she said that does not apply to me, it was a battery that wasn't fully charged.

The SIB for the steering wheel states that a module has to be changed out and it is a common issue, but they are not going to do it because the battery was causing the issue. I JUST KNOW what is going to happen. I am going to have the SAME issue next week and have to wait another 2 weeks to go back to the dealer.

I came from a 2005 MINI Cooper S and now I am regretting trading it in because I had none of this BS with the car or the battery. I am not going to have to plug in my battery and charge it, that's ridiculous!

Anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks,

Justin.
'09 LCI 335i E90 in BSM over Oyster Dakota Leather, Manual, Sport, Navigation, Individual Audiophile, Executive, Active Steering, JB4 + MHD BEF, 335is Exhaust w/AWE Tuning Tips, AFE DCI, Euro Tails/Fog Light Switch, various painted and other OEM + mods, 19" M5 reps summer
'13 MINI Cooper S Paceman JCW R61in Light White & Black Roof/Mirror Caps/Sport Stripes, Loaded + Rare
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
JustinGTP
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 MINI Paceman JCW

Anyone?
'09 LCI 335i E90 in BSM over Oyster Dakota Leather, Manual, Sport, Navigation, Individual Audiophile, Executive, Active Steering, JB4 + MHD BEF, 335is Exhaust w/AWE Tuning Tips, AFE DCI, Euro Tails/Fog Light Switch, various painted and other OEM + mods, 19" M5 reps summer
'13 MINI Cooper S Paceman JCW R61in Light White & Black Roof/Mirror Caps/Sport Stripes, Loaded + Rare
Appreciate 0