E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Reg sport to M sport - will it cause PDC error?

01-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
Eugeinus
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' Audi A6

Reg sport to M sport - will it cause PDC error?

Thinking about going from a reg. sport front bumper to a M sport bumper. Car is a LCI E90. I have PDC for both front and back bumpers currently. Front M sport bumper will not have this. Does anyone know if this will cause the car to throw errors, if it's a simply unplug somewhere, or if I need to have things coded after the install?

Any input would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
JDLM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Sedan

Can't transfer the sensors over?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
Eugeinus
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
Can't transfer the sensors over?
M sport bumper doesn't have the PDC cutouts - shop doesn't know if it's as easy as just cutting them out of what...I don't really care if I don't have it on the front anymore, just want to make sure how to disable it correctly if I have to
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 05:40 AM   #4
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugeinus View Post
M sport bumper doesn't have the PDC cutouts - shop doesn't know if it's as easy as just cutting them out of what...I don't really care if I don't have it on the front anymore, just want to make sure how to disable it correctly if I have to
The US bumper support does not allow sufficient clearance to mount the sensors. Accordingly, you'll need either the European bumper support (and run into crash sensor issues) or ditch the front PDC. I'm not sure if unplugging the harness will cause issues with your rear PDC.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
Eugeinus
Major
Rep

Resurrecting this thread. Did some searching and found one other member who did the conversion. Said that the M sport front bumper was recessed in the front, where the regular sport bumper is curved, thus the two front sensors did not fit. No mention of if it's as easy as just disabling the front pdc entirely to make it fit.

There's got to be other members who have done this who might be able to chime in!
Appreciate 0