BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
gwhiz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i Convertible/M Sport

az body shops

Hey AZ folks. I've gotten great recommendations from board members on past car forums for local speciality shops so I'll try again here.

I just bought myself some Scorpione parts and want to get them installed (particularly the carbon fiber front splitters) by a professional so they don't get that half-assed look that my work sometimes can get. This car is too nice to hack...

Can anyone with personal experience refer a shop to do aftermarket installs like this?

I'd appreciate any info/suggestions offered up.

Side note: I usually have Saturdays off - does anyone here meet at the Pavilions or anywhere else? Wouldn't mind meeting some of the people I see on the freeways
      01-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
L8*Apex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

I've used GoodSpeed in Scottsdale for a bunch of work on my previous WRX. Haven't done much on the BMW yet but I know they have done some pretty amazing M3's and 5's. Top notch work in my personal experience.
Don't bother with Dynocomp and I didn't care for Vivid racing's customer service.
Not to sound like a fanboi for them but GoodSpeed is having a BMW car show this Saturday and you can check out their work. Prices are reasonable and they will spend time working out what you want and need.

I do go to the Pavillions and will be up for any Saturday usually. I think it would be cool to get a bunch of beemers together and get a bunch of spaces in the show. I did it years ago when I was involved in another car group. Was a blast.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
gwhiz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i Convertible/M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8*Apex View Post
Not to sound like a fanboi for them but GoodSpeed is having a BMW car show this Saturday and you can check out their work. Prices are reasonable and they will spend time working out what you want and need.
Good news is that I did stop by there today and met with them. I'm having everything installed mid week and they seem like really cool guys.

Bad news is that I looked pretty dumb showing up and looking for a car show a week early

Oh well, can't win em all.
      01-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #4
L8*Apex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Ya my bad. Sorry about that. I will blame it on my NyQuil infused semi-coma that got the dates mixed up. Next week for sure tho!!
Appreciate 0