E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > 1 day old and already damaged!!!!!

05-24-2007, 08:20 AM   #1
e93
open air motoring at its best
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
Angry 1 day old and already damaged!!!!!

I picked up my new 335i cab Tuesday at 5pm. I'd already booked it in to "Sol-ace" ala "Tint-a-Car" in Mann Street Gosford for the window tinting and dropped it off this morning at 9am. The speedo read 98km. I specifically asked the guy if they covered the interior with something as I was concerned about damage to the leather. He assured me they took special care. I arrived around 1 pm to collect the car - the tinting looked great. I payed for the job and walked to the car only to find a scratch about 8cm long in the paintwork just behind the drivers door. :mad: I was really pissed off and went back inside to complain. They claimed that they couldn't be responsible for this as they are very careful. Careful my ass! Basically they just stood there and denied it was there fault. I took the car to my local BMW panel shop not far away. They pointed out some other waist high scratches as well (belt buckle?)They kindly cut back the paint and removed the majority of the damage but the large scratch is too deep in places to remove entirely without the risk of cutting through the clear cote. To add insult to injury - I notice the rear ashtray is open - they have damaged the woodgrain cover too and it now has a 4cm scratch on it. I am so angry I drive back to the tinters and let them know that they have caused this damage too. Once again denial - no one has even been in the back of the car except them! BMW quoted $599 to replace the trim! I called the franchisors in Melbourne to vent my disappointment and was transferred to their NSW State Managers mobile where I left a brief message asking her to call me back. Still waiting!

I'll post updates if and when I get a responce - in the meantime you've been warned!
2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 10:06 AM   #2
Ozbimmer
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i

I feel pity for you. It sucks

Hope someone high up in the chain could help you out. Good luck!!

Kingsley
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 11:37 AM   #3
bigJnyc
Private
Rep
Drives: 07' alpine white 328i

man i would have been so pissed. I'm angry just reading your story.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #4
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 MSPORTS & BMW E34 535i

Garage List
that is so unfair, im sorry, but these losers out there do not give the same respect as owners of nice cars. I hate it, thats why i never lend cars out, and forget getting hand carwashes or valet parking!

Keep us posted, im pissed off for you too mate!
      05-24-2007, 05:54 PM   #5
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

I feel for you. I don't have much to say because I'd be doing the same as what you are currently doing. Hope you get some satisfaction from them. At a minimum, they should refund the price of the tinting but even then, that doesn't makeup for what's been done.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 06:15 PM   #6
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Sorry dude, that's terrible. People don't realize the damage that belt buckles can cause. When I wash my car, I wear sweats or shorts, nothing with a belt. But I guess it would be kind of lame to ask the tint guys to "remove your belts" when working on your car. Hope it works out.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 06:42 PM   #7
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition DCT BSM

I guees that is why I paid the extra and had the dealer do it before delivery...then they are responsible.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 07:21 PM   #8
recruiter
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Montego Blue(manual)

My interior was also damaged prior to pick up although i did not notice the damage until after delivery. However, everyone who looked at my car did.
It appeared to me the tinters did the damage on the rear of the seat as there were some scruff marks. The dealer replaced the damaged section.
I wish you good luck with the tinters. I think you will need it.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 01:11 AM   #9
manyways
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M-Sport

i had mine done by the dealer before i picked up the car

he said that BMW do not recommend tinting anymore, due to the seals being tight.

and sure enough, next couple days after picking up the car, i had some glue/seal come out when i put the window down

it was fixed promptly by the dealer which was good
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 01:42 AM   #10
gucci
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 320i

I have just read the horrific experience you are going through.

I was just thinking, if a scumbag was to maliciously damage your car, a policeman would quite happily put this matter before a magistrate. However, when a service provider damages your property...they shrug their shoulders and reply with`We can't take responsibility'.

My thoughts....take photographic evidence (date and time) of damage...write letters, emails to the company invovled (ensure you carbon copy the general manager and directors), ensure you get quotes to repair their negligent damage.

I would wait seven days, if you haven't received satisfaction by that time, attend your local court and seek the advice of a Chamber Magistrate.

Give them hell (after all they have to you).

Good luck
Gucci
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 01:57 AM   #11
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

I could not even reply when I read this post in the morning until now. It made me so angry. :mad:

In my opinion, if it happened on the tinter’s site then they are responsible. Don’t give up on this e93.

I would be polite, not threaten but explain that they can handle it the “easy way” or you will be forced to begin proceedings against them. You could even get some advice from your insurance company.

Do they have camera footage?

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 04:15 AM   #12
e93
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
Thanks for your posts!

I'm more annoyed about the complacency shown by the owners of this "Sol-Ace" franchise than I am about the actual damage. The NSW State Manager is on holiday until Monday so I'll see what response I get from her. Rest assured that I will demand a satisfactory resolution.

There are many forums on the web frequented by car enthusiasts and I am sure the "SOL-ACE" group would not want my story posted on each and every one of them!

At the end of the day SH!t happens! Its also what business owners have insurance for. The paintwork can't be fixed (without repainting the whole panel) and after the attention that my panel shop gave it, it is now just a blemish which others probably wouldn't notice, but thats not the point cause I'll see it every time!

Hey - I just want justice for the next unfortunate client!!! The pain I cause them might remind them to be more careful in the future
2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #13
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
that's what happens at these places... "all care but no responsibility". the only way to avoid this is to be present at the ie they tint it (that's what i did)

sucks i know, but there will be more damage to come, atleast the initial shock is over now, because trust me... there will be more!

i was pretty damn pissed off when bmw made a giant scratch right across my boot, no amount of polishing was ever able tp get that scratch off
      05-28-2007, 04:44 AM   #14
e93
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
Update

The franchise manager from Sol-Ace called me today to hear my story (had already talked to the franchise owners). She was very apologetic and this time there was no denying fault. She asked what I wanted. As the paintwork can't be repaired without repainting the entire rear quarter, I said I'd live with what remains of the scratch but I did think that the damaged interior trim should be replaced even though the cost of $599 was exorbitant. I also expected an apology. She said she'd call me back and within minutes called back to say the damaged trim had been ordered and would be available this Wednesday (cost born by the franchisee). The franchise owners would also like to apologise and would do so personally when the trim was picked up.

In summary - a satisfactory outcome.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2007, 04:51 AM   #15
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
that's what happens at these places... "all care but no responsibility". the only way to avoid this is to be present at the ie they tint it (that's what i did)

sucks i know, but there will be more damage to come, atleast the initial shock is over now, because trust me... there will be more!

i was pretty damn pissed off when bmw made a giant scratch right across my boot, no amount of polishing was ever able tp get that scratch off
My best mate had the same thing happen at BMW Sydney, he wrote them a letter (i have copies and can post it btw), and they fixed it all up for him.
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2007, 04:52 AM   #16
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e93 View Post
Update

The franchise manager from Sol-Ace called me today to hear my story (had already talked to the franchise owners). She was very apologetic and this time there was no denying fault. She asked what I wanted. As the paintwork can't be repaired without repainting the entire rear quarter, I said I'd live with what remains of the scratch but I did think that the damaged interior trim should be replaced even though the cost of $599 was exorbitant. I also expected an apology. She said she'd call me back and within minutes called back to say the damaged trim had been ordered and would be available this Wednesday (cost born by the franchisee). The franchise owners would also like to apologise and would do so personally when the trim was picked up.

In summary - a satisfactory outcome.
Good to hear, glad you got everything worked out.
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2007, 05:40 AM   #17
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

You must be very relieved Lea.

Accidents happen, it’s the way they’re fixed that matters.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2007, 09:07 AM   #18
NaViT
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3/E92 335i

there we go nice outcome....
Appreciate 0