E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > New Member Hello!

01-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
Ted Rascal
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: 325d M-sport Coupe

Smile New Member Hello!

A big hello to everyone on the forum, my name is Ted Rascal and I am from the UK.

Whilst I haven't actually got a BMW at the moment I have decided I want a E92 3 Series Coupe as my next car. I would also be open to the idea of the Cabrio.

One thing I am struggling with is the amount of different variations (engine wise) there are with BMW's! It is actually making my head hurt as I don't know what to go for. I am keen for something quick, but also not stupid to run and insure.

I commute to work (28 miles round trip per day) and do average weekend driving. Is that too little to consider a diesel?

Anyway, I visited my local BMW dealer today and drove a 2009 320d Coupe. I was impressed by the car in general and would never have guessed it was a diesel. Unfortunately I didn't get to drive anything else. The dealer is keen for me to get a 320d and says they are all round a top motor. I found it to be very good but it didn't blow me away for speed as such.

My budget can stretch to no more than £25,000 and I am keen to get a manual.

I would appreciate some help as at the moment I am struggling and keen to get my car so I can post some lovely pics here when I do!

Thanks

Ted
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Slow_335i
Daily Driven!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [7.02]
Welcome