E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > No Heat! and valve ticking noise

01-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
Fredra
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 convertible

No Heat! and valve ticking noise

I took my '08 325i cabrio in for no heat and the loud ticking valve noise. They ripped my entire interior out to replace the heater core. They said the found sludge and a sandy like material clogging my heater core!!! They flushed the system and replaced the core. About the ticking valve noise. They viewed my video of the noise. Then they called and said the tech had to hear the noise himself and my video would not be accepted. It took 3 days to replace the heater core and re-install my entire interior. Then they started it up and finally heard the ticking noise. They replaced the exhaust lifters and related parts. So far no ticking noise. Now I wonder how long it will be until I need a new water pump with the sandy like material that was flowing through my cooling system.
Appreciate 0