E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > WTF...Stealership not doing their job...335i..

12-29-2011, 12:01 AM   #1
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [3.66]
Angry WTF...Stealership not doing their job...335i..

(out of warranty here)
okay. so i replaced all my spark pulgs the other day while pulling them out a couple of the were FULL of Gasoilne. Anyways the mechanics at my dads shop and i have conclued that a couple of the injectors are bad. long story short the car misfires and a mechanic has confirmed its a couple of injectors.

So np. lemmi change the injectors i looked up the price online. about $97 ea
Replacement didnt look that hard, as i was doing some research apperantly They must be coded. Dang it...so i searched around never found anything about the BT scanner being able to code the injectors.
so i started searching about the injector recall. and many people out of warranty have been through fuel pumps and injectors...Cool.
so today i go to the dealer ships around me.
i went to Autobhan bmw in Ft.worth...no dice. the guy said the injectors were not part of the 120,000 10 year warranty.. left there and went to..
Moritz Bmw, talked to a lady and she said well you have been through 1 recall and once thats used up..you have to start paying for the service.

so i asked if i was have my HPFP go out on me then..id have to pay..?
Yes sir.
i asked if i replaced my injectors my self and wanted you to code them for me then how much would that be. she told me like 300-400, "because we must remove the cowl" i told her ill bring the car where you can see the injectors, with the cowl and covers off. she said we still need to scan the barcode on them and see the numbers. i told her they are perfectly visible then she told me it could take up to 8 hours to code it.. "nothing is quick with those cars."(i did my oil change in 10 mins).

so i called BMW NA and told them exactly what happend.she said let me look up the recall, she told me it was the high pressure fuel injector system. which the "system"includes the injectors that was recalled. she asked me what she wanted me to to do. i was like I just want my injectors replaced! because in 72,000 miles they have never been replaced. she said well you must take it to them and see if thats the problem, and the dealerships want like 150 to check it. i dont want to pay for the check, all i want them to to do is "check" my injectors and injectors only as part of a recall. if they are "fine" then i can move on and look for other issues. but i am for sure that they are effed. BMW NA said let them check it then we can move on. so then i asked if the injectors were a recall she said its hard to tell sir. she was like see what the dealerships say and give us a call back...WTF....

so my question here is. (i know my story is kinda scrambled)
THe injectors are a recall right? and if they are bad they need to be replace under warranty?
And BMW NA said that their hands are tied in regards this issue untill they have some sort of evedence that thats the issue.but she never confirmed to me that the injectors were a recall.
like i dunno what to do, im a mechanic and i dont want to pay 300-400 to get my crap coded. and if its a friggin recall someone should do it under warrany and if not code it under warranty!
any ideas. if you guys are out of warranty and got you injectors replaced please shed some light on me and explain what you did. and if you are from the DFW area WHICH dealership did you go to and which SA did you deal with....
in all honesty i dont wanna pay for somthing i KNOW i can do myself
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 12:13 AM   #2
BlackBB6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
Not sure about the warranty issue. See if someone in the Southwest regional forum can do the coding for cheaper though.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 12:16 AM   #3
rekordboxer
Enlisted Member
Rep

You don't necessarily need to go to the stealership for coding. I believe (I'm almost positive but not 100%) nowadays many mechanics that specialize in BMW repairs have the proper software to do these types of coding.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 12:26 AM   #4
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [3.66]
Well i dont know any BMW Mechanics around here. our Family owns an autoshop and we have a pretty expensive computer readers, but nothing specfically for bmw coding. i dont even know how that goes. but i guess im going to have to look around for somewhere for a bmw Mechanic.. indy shop place..
but before i give up on the warranty issue i just want/need input on out of warranty injector replacement(experiences).
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 12:37 AM   #5
phistyle
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW e92 335i

try BMW of Dallas...I believe when I bought my car in a month ago they said there were 2 recalls on my car (335i) and they were pretty nice about everything..
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [3.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phistyle View Post
try BMW of Dallas...I believe when I bought my car in a month ago they said there were 2 recalls on my car (335i) and they were pretty nice about everything..
thnak you ill probably try them! And exactly 2 Recalls!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 10:39 AM   #7
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Like you said, nothing is easy with BMW. Injectors may, or may not, have been included with the recall. It went HPFP--everybody. LPFS--some cars depending on the pressure reading. Injectors--inspect on some cars only. Of those cars, replace only depending on result of scanning them. So it really isn't cut/dry like the OP implies. If his car has been through the campaign, it already got injectors and LPFS if it applied to his specific vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #8
MKR_DmD
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 16 Jeep Cherokee

I know the injectors had a recall. I had missfire codes after they upgraded my software for the HPFP. They replaced all 6 injectors under that recall.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #9
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

There're actually doing exactly as they're meant to do make themselves richer, and you poorer!
Appreciate 0