BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos    Im having a trouble with INFINITI. Please Help!

12-28-2011, 03:45 AM   #1
apboogiedown
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Im having a trouble with INFINITI. Please Help!

Hi guys.

First of all, I want to apologize that the topic is not related to any BMW product and my English is not perfect.

However, I still wanted to post up on bimmerpost since this is the only forum that I have been, feel most friendly and comfortable because I am too used being here for all the searches and resources about 135i and M3 which is my favorite, also dream cars.
Anyways here is my story!

Now, I am in trouble with 09' Infiniti G37 sedan which my parents let me drive til it's lease end in upcoming summer.

About 2months ago, My dad felt there was something wrong with the engine
so he brought it to Infiniti dealer in Glendale CA.

Infiniti is saying that there was a problem in the engine which is, out of 6 pistons, one's broke as there were many dregs of metals and substances.

Also, they are telling us this is not their fault therefore we have to fix it and take care or pay them about $12000 for new engine, AND NO WARRANTY COVER.

However, we have never opened anything under the hood except few times when battery just went out for no reason before.

And they also said, its all our fault because they said we did not take care the car well, which we have not changed the engine oil in right time or we have used the lowest quality gas.

But the car was in my dad's care. My dad is real car lover, he does not even let us leave the water bottle or anything in the car, and he took care of all the engine oil change every 3500miles. also only premium gas was fueled.

We decided to fight with the company, so my dad requested and report what has happened to BBB. (Better Business Bureau).

BBB wanted all the proofs of oil change record, but we failed to send all the document of record of oil change because the owner of the place where we had the oil-change did not send us the proofs by it's due date.

Therefore, BBB just sent us the result that it is not Infiniti's fault 3 days ago.

This is basically what has happened by now, my dad just asked me for help and the first thing I thought of was to ask here for any opinion or thought to you guys because I have seen lots of helping between people, and sharing experiences relates to cars, and lots of information here in Bimmerpost.

Everything my family expected was BBB to help us but we were rejected.
I am an immigrant so do not really know where to ask help such place like BBB.

My dad also thought about to sue the company but people around saying Infiniti would got strong lawyers, and we are not in the situation to afford for lawyers..

the dealer who we bought the car from, he does not even trying to help us.. keep saying something else, stupid answers such like why dont you just lease or buy other new car and blah blah totally BS...

Oh and also there are few other people who are struggling with the engine problems and complaining... this is what I heard from the guy who works in body shop.... am I the one of them??

Everything I said is true! and I am pretty sure that my dad really have took care of the car with love and care!.
Oh! and we used to lease QX56 for 3 years before this G37, but we never had a problem before..

I just want to ask some help.
what would you do if you were in my situation?
OR
do you guys know any other place where I can ask for help such like BBB?\
Please throw me anything you know! I will be very appreciated!

Again, Sorry about the wrong topic but please help me!
Thank you for reading my story guys!

PS. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THE 1NERs and members of Bimmerpost!!

Last edited by apboogiedown; 12-28-2011 at 03:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #2
Sinister Crayon
floccinaucinihilipilifica tion
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Honestly, the BBB is useless unless you can prove up-front that the company in question is at fault.

However, an engine failure at such few miles would be extremely unlikely in my opinion, particularly an engine failure caused by anything that an owner could possibly do to the car. You didn't say if it's a manual or an automatic... but if it's an auto then it's nigh on impossible to do anything really bad to the engine because you can't hold it at redline all day long. Even with a stick it's likely the clutch would give out long before the engine if you raced the hell out of it.

I am not familiar with the situation here though and honestly I'd advise you to seek the advice of an attorney. This is NOT something you want to fight yourself because yes; Infiniti has attorneys, and so does the dealer. Before you speak to either the dealer or Infiniti again, go speak to a consumer law attorney and see what he says. The first consultation should be free, and in the event this gets sticky he can help defend your rights.

You're in a tough spot... don't fight it alone. One thing I've learned is that you keep a close circle of doctors and attorneys in life. You never know when you're going to need them.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
doublevanosrc
Loves his G20
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
I would recommend you contact Nissan's headquarters in the US and try to be nice. Let them know you are trying to work things out with them before you start threatening legal action. Legal action should be your last resort. Read these articles for guidance since they had a similar experience like yours.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...%80%99t-stink/

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...on-a%E2%80%A6/

2020 330ix-Msport
Past-
2013 135i
2011 135i
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by apboogiedown View Post
...I just want to ask some help.
what would you do if you were in my situation?...

You should seek the help of a Lemon lawyer/attorney immediately! Don't mess around with internet help or BBB. Have a lawyer sit down with you and write Nissan a nice letter - sent registered mail. This is the only way you will have a happy ending to this story.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
apboogiedown
Private
Rep

Thank you very much for all of your opinions.

I have no experience at all for this kind of problem.

Bimmerpost is such a nice place, i felt it again.

thank you very much guys!

I am going to try to find best way to solve the problem!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 08:16 PM   #6
apboogiedown
Private
Rep

[QUOTE=Sinister Crayon;11050319]Honestly, the BBB is useless unless you can prove up-front that the company in question is at fault.
You didn't say if it's a manual or an automatic... You're in a tough spot... QUOTE]

Its an automatic. Also we ve never drove the car harsh since its my parents daily use car!

Thank you for your opinion!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #7
Bunkei
Anti-Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

I hope everything works out for you. Things like this proves that having a great dealership should factor in your buying decision as much as the car does.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 08:48 AM   #8
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

If the 3.7 is anything like the older 3.5, engine failure is common. I remember picking up my dads old Titan and seeing over 15 motors sitting outside on skids waiting to get picked up because of engine failure

Last edited by dubsesd; 12-31-2011 at 08:55 AM..
Appreciate 0