E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Whats the noise?

12-23-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
NJ Krish
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328xi 2008 Coupe

Garage List
2008 Bmw 328xi  [10.00]
Whats the noise?

I am having a clunking noise coming from my rear passenger wheels, I'm not 100% sure its on that side because it could be on the other. At lower speeds you can hear it very loud and if you accelerate its like the car is being pulled backwards while you go forwards (Hard to explain it). The sound is like a clunking sound or as if there's a giant marble in a tin cylinder. There are also grinding noises when turning then comes the marble. The sounds are very loud and sometimes you can here it when switching from park to Drive or Reverse. While the car was off and sitting, my friend gently kicked the side of the wheel and we heard a loud CLUNK!! sound then didn't hear it again but if you hit the wheel you can hear metal squeak..

Anyone ever had this kind of problem? Its a 2008 bmw 328xi coupe only 40k miles on it with 18in Sport wheels.

Ps. Ive never had this problem before. On that same day I driven the car and heard nothing like it until I was backing out the driveway at night and heard it as it was loud when reversing and turning.
Appreciate 0