BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Cilajet on 1M wheels

So, as some of you may know, I painted my stock BSM wheels a while back. I liked the stock color, but wanted A). a slightly darker wheel; something that would closely match what is on the new Lexus ISF (that metallic graphite wheel) and B). I wanted a wheel that didn't show brake dust as easily. People told me on the forum that the wheel paint would never be as good as the stock paint etc.

I can say now, that unequivocally...those statements were just completely wrong!*

One thing that I noticed with the stock wheels was that they were hard to clean, just in general. The shape is somewhat difficult, but more so I noticed that brake dust was starting to settle onto and eat into the stock paint after a short time. Having a BSM, I washed my car meticulously about every week. Yet still, I still noticed this slow process occurring. Then I had my wheels painted, but I believe the Cilajet to be the cure.

Has anyone else used Cilajet on their wheels? I'd like to hear some experiences with the stock paint, just to make sure it's the Cilajet and not the difference in paint. Brake dust barely sits on my wheels, where it was a real problem before. Also, there is ZERO brake dust eating into the wheel. That's a huge relief already....
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
Vrumpkin
Seymour J. Vrumpkin
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Key to cleaning 1M wheels is having the right set of brushes. The daytona EZ brush is great for getting the inner barrels and behind the spokes

As for protection your better off going with a nano coating...

I recommend something like this

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Wolfs...eld_p_530.html
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
mojo1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Cilajet is not the answer, I wish it were. Probably the new paint u used.
Appreciate 0