E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > New to the Site and my new used 335i

12-18-2011, 08:33 AM   #1
phattey
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

New to the Site and my new used 335i

Picked up a really nice '07 335i coupe after looking hard for two months. Nice examples are all over the country, but too far, and right when I was about to give up I found one 90 miles south of me. Went down after work drove it, and bought it right away. Graphite with gray leather; manual; aluminum trim; NAV; Sport/premium/cold packages...

Love the scent of the cabin..love the body lines...love the performance.

Has a few issues, hopefully the dealer will work out with the CPO it has. But what I didn't expect was that when I washed it, it wouldn't run. Just started having a surging idle then shuts off with all kind of check engine lights.

So dealer towed it 90 miles south, at their expense, and I'll get the news Monday on what it is. I searched and researched the symptoms and this site provides an excellent source of info.

Just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully I'll have a nice long relationship with my new used car and the folks on this site..

Merry Christmas everybody..!!!!

Phattey...aka...Ronny
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #2
RaceBlood
Going nowhere fast.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2 wheels

Did you not check the service records before buying it?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #3
phattey
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

yup...checked all service records and actually met the guy who owned it and traded it in. Well documented...that's a requirement for me on anything German.

Did not wash the motor....just a light shower pressure from the hose on only the body of the car. I opened the hood and saw no water that may've leaked into the engine compartment and landed somewhere it dosent belong.

All recalls current so it'll be interesting what they say Monday..

thanks..
Appreciate 0