BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos    Kid Makes Enough Money on World of Warcraft to Buy a 2012 GTR

12-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
Top_Gear_Fan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Kid Makes Enough Money on World of Warcraft to Buy a 2012 GTR

Quote:
18-year-old World of Warcraft hacker tries to sell $150K Nissan GT-R
Apparently you can make enough money selling WoWBots to buy a tuned, carbon-fiber-laden Nissan GT-R for $150,000. That's what one 18-year-old Zilvia.net forum denizen says he did, and now he's selling the car on the board. Naturally, everyone else thinks he's trolling.

Oh, and the car may or may not have a front bumper. Let's back up a sec.
A WOWBot is a piece of code that automates World of Warcraft gameplay, so a player can level up while, simultaneously, bedding Hollywood starlets, racing liter bikes on the Isle of Man and training for an Antarctic triathalon, or whatever it is WoW players do when they're not in the basement.

Like the infamous WoW virtual currency traders, known as "gold farmers," WoWBot programmers can make big bucks selling their wares. (Or is that warez?)

This kid says he gets the bots from China and resells them, charging a monthly fee. He claims to have collected more than 100 web sites and 6,500 subscriptions, which pay out at between $21 and $110 a month. Thus is the reason for his apparent, GT-R-level flushness with U.S. currency. Holy sheepshit. Maybe that's even true.

But back to the thread. The kid posts the car's specs, and immediately forum dwellers call his credibility to question — thanks in no small measure to the kid's cockeyed spelling. A little later, one of the kid's buddies jumps into the fray, and the thread descends into a Battle of Verdun-style flame war, in which everyone loses. Want to write a cautionary tale on lowest-common-denominator forum etiquette, or a textbook on flaming cliches? Just get in there and start copying and pasting. Let's have a sample of that:

you said you got a $9k computer you fuck! LOL
gtfo of here with your non sense.
You supposedly make 6 figures, buy a brand new 2012 GT-R, and trash the living shit out of it. You will soon enough run out of money, if you even have any, and live the life of a dirt poor scum bag. You have no education, a beat to shit gt-r, a daddy that you're mad at, and you constantly lie and troll.
Just save us all some time and click "Log Out"
I'm 19, in the air force, and much more respectable than you will ever be.
If i had a chance of making 6 figure income and bought a brand new godzilla, i sure as fucking hell would not treat it like this. You are an idiot and at this moment in time, are SUCKING at life. Hope you have a nice savings account, have fun on the streets.

Oh and Sean1, continue sucking your little bros dick. Hilarious. If either of you where serious about any of this, you would put a little more effort into selling this ragged ass gt-r. You said he never posted a price? Shit. I'll give you 10k cash money, franklins, today.

Why in the hell is this thread not locked???
Kid needs to be banned, he said it was all a joke.

Anyways, enjoy life. I'll be flying to Greece, Spain, Australia, and numerous other places for the next 20 years.

Just as the thread starts to spin out of control — and a cadre of more level-headed forum dwellers cry for the admin to lock the thread — someone posts a link to the kid's YouTube videos. It's the usual stuff — donuts in parking lots, a launch-control run. And then, further down, a video gift to the haters: The kid's got an NSFW assault of freestyle posturing from behind the wheel of the '12 GTR in question.

In classic joke-gone-wrong style, the bit, which that was probably way funnier after the first joint, is misinterpreted as an earnest dick-waving show. The crowd gets ugly. The kid admits he's "a viral marketer" and the video was an attempt to get views for his YT channel. As "is it real?" viral vids go, we've seen a lot worse. Points to the kid.

And so it continues, spiraling downward into high-spec meme-image warfare, as the kid's prospects of selling the car on the board get slimmer and slimmer. And guess what? They were still at it, when the admin finally locked the thread earlier today. Will the car sell on the board? Or will the flaming explode into some sort of IRL confrontation. Is the kid for real, or is he trolling hard for viral pickup?

Either way, as entertaining forum threads go, this one gets three and a half Cheez Nips out of five. Ebay has nothing to worry about.
This guy needs to be sterilized.

I wonder how he would rate on Top Gear's cock-o-meter?

Source here: http://jalopnik.com/5867737/18+year+...0k-nissan-gt+r

edit: Here's the kid's youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZenAutos
Naturally, the first thing you do after buying a new car is to show yourself on youtube doing donuts and launch control...
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

my head officially hurts
      12-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Omg This Video Made Me Laugh So Hard I Have To Shout!
      12-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
holmes011
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi coupe

GTR is the ricer of super cars so he looks like an idiot, which is also proven by the fact he thinks an air freshener will get him head. HA. he would need money for that to actually happen but he doesnt have any because he spent it all
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
blankstar43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3

bahahahahahahaha
      01-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
Greeney
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez E90 M3

I hope he crashes.
      01-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #7
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

What a tool, and a pottymouth at that!
      01-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #8
eVitO
trollololol
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: Too slow

GOOD LORD, he's annoying as shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
why dont you leave him a love note on the car -- with hearts and shit

lol - seriously tho -- I find notes on my car sometimes -- but it's NEVER from girls -- -- damm M3 is a ghey magnet
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #9
Rodzilla
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
He wears sunglasses at night.

Eibach frontsway,BMS JB4,AFE Drop InBerk Street Axleback, H&R SPORT SPRINGS,Active Autowerke DP's ,Active Autowerke BOV,Active Autowerke FMIC , BMWPEDALS.COM, JB SPEED Black Grills,Alpina B3 TCU Flash
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #10
pdr1269
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6mt

Someone needs to put that guy out of our misery!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 06:52 AM   #11
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
He wears sunglasses at night.
retard 101. it's mandatory -_-;
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #12
Hurricane
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 C63 507

Garage List
2012 E92 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankstar43 View Post
bahahahahahahaha
Hilarious. This was my immediate reaction as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 11:16 PM   #13
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
my head officially hurts
I agree, this has to be a joke... Also any bozo can walk into a dealership and get a loan for a car and put a down payment.

My friend from Vietnam says all the time "WE PAY CA$H"

Kids like this think they are so hot and have no clue about things like this in the world..

http://jalopnik.com/5631714/meet-the...h-30-supercars

Remain as humble as possible through anything and you wont look like this guy.. Haha..

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson

Last edited by NewYearsBoy; 01-31-2012 at 11:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 11:49 PM   #14
KinG12sKy
First Lieutenant
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: Evoque, RR Vogue AutoBio, M4

LMAO!! this is hilarious!! he has to make sure he is able to pay off the car in 5 years time!! assuming he finance it.. lol!
Appreciate 0