E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > guinea pig for BMW dealer technicians?

10-24-2005, 01:56 PM   #1
qwerty
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

guinea pig for BMW dealer technicians?

I have e90 325i with 1K miles on it. I got a engine noise problem as post in http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6190. I've been reading other postings for some time and my problem may be an unique one. That means that the technicians in BMW dealers probably haven't faced the problem yet and may not be able to disgnoise it. In worst case, they may do experiments with my car without fully understanding the problem. I would like to stay away from the dealer for several months until the technicians are well trained for this particular problem. What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2005, 02:42 PM   #2
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

If it doesn't have any impact on the performance of the car, keep driving it till something breaks. Then get it fixed under warranty.

Read your other thread, it's probably aux fan/new electric water pump.

If it ain't broke ....
Appreciate 0