E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Opinions? Warranty/exhaust?

11-07-2011, 12:34 AM   #1
2turbodinan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e93

Opinions? Warranty/exhaust?

Hey guys ...
I really need your opinions on this one. I just bought the extended warranty on my 335i. I purchased the Gold package fyi. Anyway, I really want to get the Remus race exhaust, but I also just spent an arm and a leg for the extended warranty. I have read many of the warranty threads and it seems like with aftermarket modifications it's a risk. I know this just want opinions on this. Please don't just tell me to do it! Anyway I really want serious inputs. I really am stuck on this dilemma only because I have set eyes on the remus exhaust for months. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
PeteW84
COBB'ed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Mini Cooper S

Garage List
2008 335i  [7.56]
You'll be fine, but it also depends on your dealer. Since Remus is only an axle back, most dealers will be fine with it as long as you don't mess with the cats, like catless downpipes etc. I've had mine Remus Sport for two years now, Race was not available back then, with numerus service visits, recalls and CPO warranty inspection without any issues.

13 Mini Cooper S
08 E92 335i (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

I just installed a cat back exhaust on my '11 w/12k mi on it, so I still have A LOT of warranty left. If it's cat or axke back you'll be fine. Only if there is a direct link between any problems that crop up and the exhaust would there be an issue and I don't see how an axle back exhaust would create any problems for your engine, turbos, transmission etc. That said, the dealer isn't going to cover the section of the exahust you replaced.

It always helps if your SA is a knowledgable BMW enthusiast. Ask around for SA recommendations under the dealer section.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
2turbodinan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e93

Thanks guys that is kind of comforting in a sense that I wanted to hear. I know the exhaust is only cat-back I was just concerned because you spend so much on the extended warranty for BMW to reject it because of an exhaust or whatever. As of right now I have Cobb, BSH oil catch can, K&N drop in air filter, and some exterior, subtle mods that aren't noticeable. I just put a deposit for a Helix intercooler, but besides the exhaust most of my mods are subtle and not really noticeable. Ever since giving up one hobby this has become another expensive and must-want hobby. I should have never started HAHA
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
Royal Flush
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

The only way they can deny you warranty service is if they can relate or directly point the issue(s) to your mod(s).
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 12:53 PM   #6
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Modding a car has inherent risks - but doing just a catback exhaust ... hard to imagine what kind of problems that can cause.

Remus makes quality products, they are a BMW-approved supplier:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442646
      11-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #7
ModBargains III
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 135i, E46 M3, 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2turbodinan View Post
Hey guys ...
I really need your opinions on this one. I just bought the extended warranty on my 335i. I purchased the Gold package fyi. Anyway, I really want to get the Remus race exhaust, but I also just spent an arm and a leg for the extended warranty. I have read many of the warranty threads and it seems like with aftermarket modifications it's a risk. I know this just want opinions on this. Please don't just tell me to do it! Anyway I really want serious inputs. I really am stuck on this dilemma only because I have set eyes on the remus exhaust for months. Thanks in advance.
If you look up the Magnuson and Moss warranty act, you'll realize that no dealer can legally void your warranty unless that aftermarket part on your car destroys another part of the car.

With that said, since Remus is a very high quality exhaust, even supplying exhausts for OEM cars as well. Because of that, I wouldn't worry about that exhaust causing any damage on your car if I'm honest. Remus is a great company that makes an excellent exhaust system