E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Advice needed Please- Wiper Speed Stuck!

11-05-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
snawaz
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black BMW M4

Advice needed Please Wiper Speed Stuck!

I have had my ECU remapped and the DPF(Diesel Particle Filter) was removed from the ECU as well. I was driving in the rain last night and noticed that the speed of the windscreen wipers was a little too fast. I tried changing the speed via the indicator stick but nothing was happening. I could not get it to slow down or speed up. Do you think the remapping has affected the wiper speed changing ability?

Last edited by snawaz; 11-08-2011 at 07:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Do they stay on all the time or can you turn them off? The SZL is the steering column module, and they have known failures including wiper control. Also, the SZL has to talk to the JBE through the DSC module (really odd setup) and if there is a fault on the F CAN, the wipers default to always on for safety reasons. This applies to E9xs only.
      11-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
snawaz
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM3M5 View Post
Do they stay on all the time or can you turn them off? The SZL is the steering column module, and they have known failures including wiper control. Also, the SZL has to talk to the JBE through the DSC module (really odd setup) and if there is a fault on the F CAN, the wipers default to always on for safety reasons. This applies to E9xs only.
They can be turned off. It's just the speed can't be varied. Sounds like a really complex set up. Do you think it could be a problem from when the ECU was remapped?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
WWONG
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 xDrive35d

Dumb question but aside from controlling with the wiper stalk, did you try to adjust the little half-wheel on the stalk itself to vary the speed?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #5
snawaz
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWONG View Post
Dumb question but aside from controlling with the wiper stalk, did you try to adjust the little half-wheel on the stalk itself to vary the speed?
Sorry if I did not make it clear, but that's what I meant. I know the wiper speed can be adjusted from the little half-wheel on the stalk. It is this that I have been trying to adjust but nothing is happening. Before having the ECU remapped it had a really sensitive adjustment, but now nothing happens.
Appreciate 0