E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Car Software Update

11-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
RupertPupkin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Freak Beast

Car Software Update

I am curious if anyone knows how to get the delearship (or whoever) to update your car to the latest software? I have a 2006 330i 6MT and I have no idea if the previous owner ever had any updates done. I can find the version through the BC if needed.

Basically what are the costs involved, and how do you get it done? I would like to have the most up to date software on the car before I get the AA tune. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
dcat151
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6MT ZSP/ZPP/ZCW

I don't recall the cost, but my software was upgraded when I had my ipod adapter installed by the dealer. They didn't actually ask me if I wanted the upgrade (I have a feeling it was mandatory to get the ipod interface to work); I just came back to pick up my car and noticed that idrive looked different.

I just had my car in for service a few weeks ago and feel like they would have mentioned a software upgrade if a new one were out. So, I think if you just call the dealer, they can tell you the cost and how long it will take to install, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
mds54
E93 Raider
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is Convertible

Garage List
My dealer said there have been four software updates since I purchased my car, but the BMW warranty will only cover them if there is an issue that those updates would fix.
Since I have no problems and didn't want to violate my warranty, I left it as is. YMMV.
Appreciate 0