2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs Spray Wax

11-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
sali
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 911, 16 Range Rover

Spray Wax

Is Spray Wax safe for Sapphire Black? Or should I get liquid wax done by BMW dealer? Also, is Raix-X safe for the paint?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #2
gatoman39
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335 M-Sport

Garage List
The humanity. OK, I'll try and be diplomatic here. Spray wax is largely a supplemental product used to top of regular wax say after a car wash, it's not really stout enough to be a dedicated protectant. The one exception is Optimum spray wax, which is their wax, it's amazing stuff, I use it and it's durability is really surprising considering the ease of application.
Don't let the dealer wax or detail or wash your car, it's not what they're good at, and it's a side show for them. Plus the people they have at the dealership generally don't know jack $hit about detailing cars, they just want it done quick and cheap.
Rain X is an awesome product, but is meant only for exterior glass. Do not put it on paint, headlights,foglights,taillights, or interior glass.

Your best bet is to find a real professional detailer and have it washed waxed by them as they are usually skilled at what they do, because they have a single focus.