E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 07 335i OBD II PID List

11-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
Watwood
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

07 335i OBD II PID List

Does anyone have a list of available OBD parameters that can be monitored real time on an 07 335i? My wife's car has a miss / stutter (feels like an intermittent rev limiter) between 2500 and 4000 rpm with over 1/2 throttle. Less than 1/4 throttle no problems, and no problems in the higher rpm. No codes are being thrown. Took the car in to get diagnosed / find problem and after having it for a week they told me they did experience the miss but could not find any issues and it was probably bad fuel / ethanol / other excuses / perhaps you should use additives, to which I replied "So, everyone driving one of the multiple vehicles in the BMW fleet that have a N54/55 are driving vehicles that can't handle US fuel?" He just kinda looked at me and continued rambling. What a crock of shit. So, before speaking with higher management at the dealership I would like to know what parameters are available the tech could have monitored real time.

I'm looking for things like: Fuel rail pressure, injector timing, other injector sensors, ignition timing, knock sensors, other ignition sensors, map, other intake air sensors.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Get a Bavarian Technic tool to monitor these very parameters. But the answer to your problem is an ongoing diagnostic issue with many N54 drivers. Many have fixed the problem with all new plugs and/or all new coils and/or all new injectors. Was this a dealer that gave you no help?