E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Warning Lights - Help Please

11-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
lancer_01
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i E90 M sport

Warning Lights - Help Please

Hello All,

First post here as this is the first problem I have had with my car.

I have a 320i M Sport E90 saloon, first registered in Sept 2007.

I got in the car this morn and two amber lights remained illuminated in amber, these being the handbrake warning light (normally red when handbrake applied) and another on lower down which is a triangle with an ! inside it with a circle round ending with an arrow surrounding it.

I managed to get the CC ID code of 24 and 35 for each of those symbols but when decoding them dont really give me much more of a clue.

So firstly I need to understand what these lights were trying to tell me.

Secondly to make matters worse I have managed to reset the brake wear indicators, so they now just display dashes ---------. From reading other posts it seems that I can only re-set this by replacing all the pads and both wear indicators, is this really the case or is there some other work around.

I dont want to take it to a garage and my messing about with the car is masking the problem... i.e making it look like the pads need to be replaced. As far as I can rember the was in excess of 10k left on both the front and the rear, in addition to this the car has only done 22500 miles.

So really I need to know is there any way to solving this issue without replacing the pads and sensors ? and then how do I fix the initial problem?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Chris
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

There have been a number of posts lately with people asking questions about the warnings on their instrument cluster. Most common answer is "Read the owners manual." Sounds like you did something to set a fault in the brake system and condition based service by manually resetting the brake pad wear. Again, your owners manual is the first place to look for answers.

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."
      11-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
lancer_01
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i E90 M sport

Thank you for your answer.

I read the hand book and that does not give the detail i require.

I am not so concerned about the fact that I have reset the wear indactors and can not reset them. I know how to this issue is fixed.

It was the two amber warning light that were on before, I was looking for other people exeriences of when these lights come on as to possible fixes. The hand book does not give this detail apart from take it to the dealer, which I expect I will have to do once I have replaced the pads to get the codes read.

So if anyone has the experience of the lights comming on I would love to hear from you

Chris
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Can you upload a picture of your instrument cluster?
      11-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
MrPig
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 STI, '90 325iS

Garage List
1990 BMW 325is  [10.00]
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356322

First post. I imagine the check control symbols are uniform throughout the e9x cars. For the most part