E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Charlotte, NC

05-04-2007, 06:14 AM   #1
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Charlotte, NC

My wife are considering moving to Charlotte...anyone living there have any opinions to share?
      05-06-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
Booster
Pave The Rainforest
Rep
Drives: Wagon

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
I moved to Charlotte about a year ago from Cleveland, OH.

It is a great "up and coming" city. Almost coming up too fast. They are building up so fast at the moment that the traffic and population is starting to get somewhat out of hand. It isn't that bad, but it looks like they aren't thinking of the future when they build.

A great newlywed and young adult city (late 20's early 30's)..... From what I have read, Charlotte is one of the most desired cities for new college graduates. Banking is big here with Bank of America and Wachovia.

Charlotte is a great location for anything you are looking to find. Fine dining, shopping, sports, leisure. I would def. look into it....

Good luck on your decision!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
I just came back from a trip to Charlotte/suburbs of Charlotte two days ago. I just moved down to Wilmington, NC from Long Island around 4 months ago and my family is thinking of relocating to Charlotte now since Wilmington has a few too many hillbillies for our taste. When I first went to Charlotte I wasn't expecting much, but I was VERY impressed. The city itself was very clean, and it appears to be growing at a pretty rapid pace. I was looking at some of the suburbs of Charlotte also (ballantyne, fort mill, waxhall, etc.) and most of the developments around there will blow your mind. If there are business opportunities for us around the Charlotte area (my father, brother, and I are builders/contractors) then we are very interested in moving there. I would definitely take a trip there if I were you. So far, I think its the nicest city that I have been to in NC.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #4
335Topless
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I live in Advance, NC. I drive to Charlotte to go to the "big city." It is a very upscale and nice city. There is tons of shopping and night life. I think you would love it.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 09:40 PM   #5
zimbofk
Undisputed World Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I've lived in NC for about 5 years and visited Charlotte and know a lot of ppl from there. There are 2 Charlottes. There is uptown (city centre) that is very progressive, nice new bldgs, lots of professionals. Then there are the suburbs where ppl born in Charlotte with old South attitudes are more prevalant. It is a great city, but just know that things change drastically once you leave the confines of uptown. Uptown - mini NYC. Suburbs - NASCAR.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 02:43 PM   #6
iatacs19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

I grew up there. Very nice if you are married, tons of stuff for couples to do. One bad thing is that the city still closes @ 5PM. If BofA or Wachovia ever go broke that city is gone! poof!

But seriously, it's an awesome place, I would like to return once I am older and married with some kids.
Appreciate 0