E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Anyone know about thrust Arm bushings?

09-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
BMW-Neil-E90
See Me Fly By In A 330i
United_States
Rep
Drives: AlpineWhite 330i 6-speed

Garage List
Exclamation Anyone know about thrust Arm bushings?

My car just went to the dealer and found out that my thrust arm bushings are cracked, can i get get high performance bushings that last longer and where? thanks for the help in advance
      10-05-2011, 12:59 AM   #2
uwotm8
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F85 X5M, SL55, 997TT

I have the same problem. Probably just going to upgrade to the m3 bushings. - Dave
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
Allstar34
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Can you just buy the bushings I have the same problem?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #4
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

Not sure if there are any performance bushings out, but know that if you do a poly-based bushing theres a higher tendency of vibrations.

Upgrade to the OEM M3 if you want something other than stock.

We do these all the time and can put together a package for you if you'd like (stock, or M3)

Let me know, we sell OEM parts and have a BMW certified master tech on staff
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 04:15 PM   #5
Rembrandt
Rep
n/a
Drives:

How do you know you really need bushings? I brought my car in for the recall because I was having a battery drain - car kept not starting - headlights were left on like 10 minutes and no start. Next time left the trunk open maybe 20 minutes - no start. Didn't use the car for 3 or 4 days - no start. Mechanic said no start from non use & charging system good but I figured something had to be draining it faster than normal & figured the tail light recall was it. So I bring it for the recall - and they also did the airbag recall at the same time - they had my car 4 hours - Claim they did a health inspection and found that my bushings were cracked. Never had any steering problem before & just had the car inspected by a private guy 4 months ago.

So how do you know the bushings are bad? Wouldn't the steering be affected? Unless the SOB did it while he had it for the recall.

Another issue - now the headlights - not the tail lights which were part of the recall - but the headlights - are suddenly loaded with moisture which was a problem I never had before. What the hell were they doing in my headlights? Then I look on the technician recommendation and its says I need flashes.

Funny but I didn't need them before I brought the car in for the recall -

Also said my fuel pump needs to be changed

Now I had a hard time starting the car - friking again - but this time it is different. Before it was a battery drain & a jump started it up. It is different now - I had to floor the gas while cranking the starter. Shit.

What the hell did they do to my car? I bring it in for the recall thinking that will put an end to the non start - now I got another non start problem - this time related to fuel - condensation in the headlights which I'm sure will lead to electrical problem and they claim by bushings are cracked - price quoted $550 plus another $500 for the fuel filter.

Bastards even messed with my wipers which are only a year and half old saying I need new blades - I bet they took off my good ones and changed them with old ones.

Long Island dealers - there aren't any you can trust -

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0