E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Laptop (Win 7) won't connect to Rev 3 Procede

09-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Tronner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Laptop (Win 7) won't connect to Rev 3 Procede

I just swapped out my Rev 2 unit for a new Rev 3 Procede. The new unit came with a new USB cable. I replaced the serial to USB cable that I had and ran the new cable. Now my computer won't connect to the Procede.

Here's what I have done so far:
I know the computer is seeing the device, because it shows up in the device manager under COM4.
I switched the Procede to COM4, but get "Unable to Connect to COM4" when I know I'm in full accessory mode.

I tried downloading the newer 5.1 user software. Same problem

My computer was recently upgraded to Windows 7 from XP, and I don't think I have connected to my old Procede since then, but it's never had any problems connecting before.

I know the USB driver is up to date because it reinstalled itself when I first hooked up the USB.

I have also changed some of the power / suspend settings per one of the threads on here.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
ETS Michael
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

The read me says to make sure to use the older drivers. The procede will not work with the newest drivers.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
Tronner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Nevermind. I figured it out. You have to go to the downloads section of www.vishnutuning.com and download the USB drivers for Rev 3. Make sure your wifi is off, because mine kept updating to ver 6.X drivers. You need version 4.0 or something like that. Read the "READ ME FIRST" directions and it will work.
Appreciate 0