E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Century BMW in Huntsville, AL

10-17-2005, 05:52 PM   #1
nick776
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Century BMW in Huntsville, AL

In sum, DO NOT GO TO CENTURY BMW. I had to drive all the way to Montgomery, AL to purchase my new car. Century of Huntsville wanted such inordinately high prices for their cars that doing business with them became prohibitive because of such. There was a 10K difference in price between BMW of Montgomery and Century. Both dealers figured prices on the same car with the same trade in. Yet, Century cost 10K more than the dealer in Montgomery. After all was said and done, and the owner of Century found out I purchased elsewhere, he called and admonished me severely for going elsewhere. He even cursed me. I have never seen such unprofessional behavior in my life. I also believe that Century may be engaging in unlawful restraints on trade. In the most forthcoming of terms, anyone who deals with Century needs to be prepared to get a bad deal. These statements are just my own opinions. They are based on my own experiences and those of my wife. They are opinions only and should not be construed as being representations that Century is or is not behaving illegally. Certainly, buyer beware.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2005, 01:59 AM   #2
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

DAMN...he cursed you......WOW.....his bank finance rates must be kicking his ass....poor fella
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2005, 08:53 AM   #3
jmcphillips1
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 128 Coupe

Garage List
oh well,
They gave me 2500 off the price of a 330i and called me up to let me know that the money factors had gone down. Your experience is isolated. Never been anything but nice to me. This is my 4th car from them. Rick in service is the man
Retired: 2003 X5 4.6is
Retired: 2006 330i Post September
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 08:52 PM   #4
MrsDash
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i TiAg

Just picked my up my 330i tonight. Nick the salesman was GREAT. The whole experience was by far the best car buying experience ever. And I LOVE this car.
      09-30-2006, 07:14 AM   #5
paul325740
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 and 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick776
In sum, DO NOT GO TO CENTURY BMW. I had to drive all the way to Montgomery, AL to purchase my new car. Century of Huntsville wanted such inordinately high prices for their cars that doing business with them became prohibitive because of such. There was a 10K difference in price between BMW of Montgomery and Century. Both dealers figured prices on the same car with the same trade in. Yet, Century cost 10K more than the dealer in Montgomery. After all was said and done, and the owner of Century found out I purchased elsewhere, he called and admonished me severely for going elsewhere. He even cursed me. I have never seen such unprofessional behavior in my life. I also believe that Century may be engaging in unlawful restraints on trade. In the most forthcoming of terms, anyone who deals with Century needs to be prepared to get a bad deal. These statements are just my own opinions. They are based on my own experiences and those of my wife. They are opinions only and should not be construed as being representations that Century is or is not behaving illegally. Certainly, buyer beware.

I agree with you. my last 3 BMWs I did buy out side Huntsville. First 2 cars I bought from Tom Williams Birmingham which was ok price. but this time I tried to buy from Century again, But they never willing to lowdown the price and too many games. basicly I don't like the attitude of CA too. But don't get me wrong.. I love service department here. Rick is the best service advisor I ever had...
I think that one of main reason customer still like Century BMW...

I will buy BMW again but next time I will give Century another chance. But very interesting though. many of my customer that drive BMW they bought their BMW outside Huntsville ???? must be some anwers for that...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #6
mikeokimster
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 jerez m3

Unhappy

Boo for Century BMW...

I bought my E92 328i back in Aug, 08. I came in to test drive the 135i and the service was superb and I was treated well. I was suprised they let me drive it, since I am part of the younger crowd here and I drove in with my Hyundai Elantra GLS. I went out on the drive with Steve York and it was a great learning/bonding experience with the 135i. I was set in stone with this until the .9% apr came out on the 08 3 series, so I hopped on that.

I came back a week or two later to look through other BMW inventory to find a good match with Anne Marie Lang and Steve York. I requested that I drive around a 328i loaner for the weekend to get a good sense of how the car drove and they were pleased to. We found a car that was close enough and they would not tell me where it was from, no matter how much I asked. I did a lot of research and brought in edmunds papers for invoice and invoice of all options. They were cool about it and up front with it. They told me that they would have to ship the car and it would cost $500(no biggie here). I was able to get the price down $1500 from msrp. Anne Marie had sole negotiating power, while Steve was just sitting there. They kept telling me that they are giving me a great deal and they are barely making some profit off of this sale. Man are these people very pushy and want to finish the deal asap. I was able to throw in tints and rubber floormats to the lowered price on the house. This was all written down on our contract. Looking back, I probably could have done a little better, but at the same time this was a pretty good deal.

They kept nagging me about if I wanted to buy the car. They kept telling me that I would need to put down the full 1k deposit in order for them to ship me the car. A few days later I did and the car was on the way from somewhere in the north. They told me that the car would be here the following week and they would call me. They did, but delayed the showing for a few days because of PDI. A few days later I get the call and I goto the dealership to see a tarp over a car in the center of the showroom. It was my car and I am in a state of awe. Steve told me that William wasn't here so he would have to discuss the features and what not. I knew 80% of the stuff he wa talking about, but did he tell me some bad information. He told me that when I needed to remove thecap on the bumper for the tow hook to take the supplied screwdriver and pry it off. I later learned u just push a corner with your finger and it pops right off(thnx E90post).

I took many pics and walked around to visually inspect everything and what not to see if they did a good job and if the boy was 100% new condition. All was great, or so I thought. I was too nervous about the drive home since it was my 1st stick car. I got home without stalling it. I uploaded the pics and reviewed them in happiness. Then I noticed that the windows were too transparent. They forgot to put the tints on WTF. I also realized that the floormats were just the cloth ones. That didn't bother me as much. I call up century BMW and they told me sorry we totally forgot since we were rushed to get your car ready. It took me additional 2 wks before I got my tints done. I then noticed that 2 of my valve stem caps were missing. I talked to steve and they had to physically remove them off a X5 sitting on the side of the building. That seemed odd.

================================================== ====

Overall, I know that these guys want to minimize their time spent on a customer to maximize sales, but c'mon please sell a car and deliver it properly before you move on to the nexxt potential buyer...

================================================== ====

Summary:
These guys are nice people , but they want to just sell you a bmw and not care after the papers are signed. It felt unprofessional that my car was not ready to spec when they told me it was ready and I came to pick it up.

Would I buy from them again?

I would have to think about it and check out other BMW dealerships like in Nashville and Birmingham. I would change my approach by negotiating with only 1 person to feel comfortable. I would advise myself of taking a lot more time on the negotiating.
///Mods: Xpel front clip wrap, Nokya 2500k H8 halos, matte grills, IND reflectors, scoops, MS drop-in, MS track pipes, Dinan exhaust, 240E, ESS tune, BBS CHR, s04 255x35 295x30, KW Clubsports, ceramic pads
Retired: 08' E92 328i JB 6mt 212 rwhp 190 rwtq
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #7
mikeokimster
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 jerez m3

I highly recommend that people not go here if their car is out of warranty for a repair or for parts as they try to dry out your wallet. The quotes they give you for labor times are purely ridiculous. I got a quotes for the following items:

1. Alarm + Install +programming
2. OEM performance exhaust install only

Item 1.

BMW of Huntsville wanted $880 for the alarm. The main service guy, "Rick Waugh" explained to me that the newer 3 series are more "complex" and take more time to install/program. They quoted me 3.5 hrs of labor when it should only take 1 hr max. The car is pre-wired from the factory and it is a fairly straight fowards plug and play install minus the required programming.

Item 2.

Recently, I purchased an exhaust thrugh Tischer BMW as they have great unmatched prices. I goto the dealer to get it installed. Rick told me it would cost me $583 or 4.5 hrs for installation. This is just ridiculous. I goto a local muffler shop and they were able to install this exahust in 15 minutes including the time it too me to drive up onto the lift.
///Mods: Xpel front clip wrap, Nokya 2500k H8 halos, matte grills, IND reflectors, scoops, MS drop-in, MS track pipes, Dinan exhaust, 240E, ESS tune, BBS CHR, s04 255x35 295x30, KW Clubsports, ceramic pads
Retired: 08' E92 328i JB 6mt 212 rwhp 190 rwtq
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2009, 02:19 AM   #8
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

What a bunch of incompetent and rude assholes.
Appreciate 0