BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

09-06-2011, 01:45 AM   #1
coolhandshin
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '08 528i, '11 650i Conv.

Remote control opening of top

I have comfort access and I should be able to open the top with the remote control key.

I can; however even though I am continously pressing the open button, it stops every 5-6 seconds, and I have to press the remote button again to get it moving again, only for another 5-6 seconds.

It's very annoying, and I feel like I am doing some kinda damage to the roof mechanism. In fact, once it stopped in the middle of trunk opening, and it got stuck and I somehow did manage to get it to close again, it had to go through it's 30 minute emergency auto-close routine.

I enquired to the BMW Korea here, and they said it's meant to be for safety just in case someone or something gets stuck. I don't really get this, because pressing the button inside the care doesn't behave the same way.

So can anyone actually open the top with just one long press of the remote key?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
jettie1767
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW i7 xdrive60

Garage List
Yes, I can open or close he top by just pressing and holding the lock/unlock button keys on the remote. It doesn't stop unless I release the button.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
coolhandshin
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '08 528i, '11 650i Conv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettie1767 View Post
Yes, I can open or close he top by just pressing and holding the lock/unlock button keys on the remote. It doesn't stop unless I release the button.
Thanks, I am running back to BMW Korea to complain
Appreciate 0