E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wheels and Tires Items > Looking for one 162 front wheel

10-17-2005, 12:16 AM   #1
CC 330i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330i SG/Blk/Alum

Looking for one 162 front wheel

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I managed to curb my left front wheel pretty badly the morning after the ALMS race in Laguna Seca. The hotel where I was staying had a stupid key card operated gate for the parking area, and the curb angled out WAY too far. The key drop was about 2 feet too far forward and made it virtually impossible not to curb your wheel as you drop off the key after checkout. I obviously wasn't the only one to hit this curb, as it was totally black from all the tire rubber on it.

Visually, it's not too bad, but I really want to replace the wheel. So if anyone has a 162 front wheel they want to get rid of (OK, I know it's a long shot), I'm interested.

On a good note, the race was awesome, and I had a great drive home Sunday. BEAUTIFUL weather down 17 mile drive and Big Sur Coast.

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2005, 01:49 AM   #2
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC 330i
I managed to curb my left front wheel pretty badly the morning after the ALMS race in Laguna Seca. The hotel where I was staying had a stupid key card operated gate for the parking area, and the curb angled out WAY too far. The key drop was about 2 feet too far forward and made it virtually impossible not to curb your wheel as you drop off the key after checkout. I obviously wasn't the only one to hit this curb, as it was totally black from all the tire rubber on it.

Visually, it's not too bad, but I really want to replace the wheel. So if anyone has a 162 front wheel they want to get rid of (OK, I know it's a long shot), I'm interested.

On a good note, the race was awesome, and I had a great drive home Sunday. BEAUTIFUL weather down 17 mile drive and Big Sur Coast.
just the other day i saw an auction up on ebay for one front wheel and one rear wheel, 75 for buy it now for each wheel.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2005, 01:37 PM   #3
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
^ exactly. I was going to say this when I first saw the title of this thread.
something about "refinished" wheels sitting in his garage.

He was actually selling two of them. One in each auction.
Check out "completed listing" and get his screen name. email him and ask if he have any left.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2005, 05:23 PM   #4
justin_b_huntsman
HuntsmanPhoto
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

I just did nearly the same thing on my front passenger wheel a few days ago. You can't see it when looking at the wheel straight-on, but if the scratch is rotated to the top of the wheel and you look down at the tire--you can see the scratch. It's only sometimes noticeable, but it drives me nuts knowing it's there.

How bad is yours?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2005, 11:50 PM   #5
Guess
BlackBerry King
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

Garage List
I have a front and a rear style 162 sitting here. PM me an offer if you need one...
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2005, 12:24 AM   #6
CC 330i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330i SG/Blk/Alum

Thank you for the replies.

As curb rash goes, I have to say it's pretty bad. Luckily the curb was very smooth (no doubt well polished from the multitudes of other cars that had hit it already) I have about 6 inches of curb rash on the one wheel, but it is not really rough or ground down. I was just creeping forward when it happened, but it was so unexpected, and I was leaning out the window to drop a key card in a box. Such a bummer. I had been so careful up to this point, but this stupid curb on the left side of the gate stuck out at such a stupid angle...

It could really be worse, and is probably a good candidate for wheel refinishing. Who knows, maybe I will pursue this route.

I checked Ebay yesterday but didn't see any 162 wheels for sale. I will check again tonight.

Guess, I will be PMing you about the wheel. Thank you.
Appreciate 0